BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Why will BMW factory warranty Dinan mods but they will not CPO a car with Dinan mods once traded in:confused: (Did that make sense?)

·
Registered
463 Posts
boostmiser said:
Why will BMW factory warranty Dinan mods but they will not CPO a car with Dinan mods once traded in:confused: (Did that make sense?)
BMW doesn't warranty any Dinan part, nor will they cover any repair if, in their judgment, the problem was caused by a Dinan part. The Dinan warranty covers both situations. Although it's easy to imagine a scenario where BMW and Dinan would each attempt to blame the other for some problem, in reality it appears this doesn't happen too often, at least from what I've read over the past several years.

A dealer can CPO a Dinan modified car, but it costs them more than if they simply did a standard factory CPO. A lot more. If I remember correctly, the additional cost of certifying my Dinan-modified 540 would have been $1,700 to the dealer (i.e., on top of the cost of the factory CPO). That shrinks the dealer's profit margin on most cars to the point where they'd prefer to wholesale them.

·
10,445 Posts
I'm not sure about the costs involved, but a Dinan- Bmw dealer can cpo a dinan car. A non-dinan dealer can not cpo a dinan modded car, so i'm told.
Mike

1 - 3 of 3 Posts