BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to let you know that the Dinan Dual Cold Air Intake has arrived. I am schedule to have it installed this coming Wednesday. They told me that it should give about 5-10 HP increase. They told me it looks really good (Carbon fiber). I will post pictures once installed. The cost I believe is around $1499 with 4 hours of installation.

Fred - 00 Silver M5 - plates DINAN M5

·
Registered
1,850 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have every single DINAN upgrade (still waiting for COLD AIR INTAKE)for the M5 yet......... YET, my dealer and DINAN says that i cannot have a bADGE because they are making a special M5-DINAN badge to distiguish the M5 from other dinan products.....MEANWHILE i see the PICTURE posted of an M5 with a "regular" dinan badge....how did you get it?

·
Registered
10 Posts
That is correct, they are working on a new Dinan badge. The new one will be Italicized to match the M5. They are still working on it. Of course it's not a priority as well, which I agree. Let's get the performance parts taken care of first.

·
Registered
16 Posts
My first impression was what did Dinan give you for free to look like a NASCAR billboard.

The fact you that know your car is special should be all that is needed.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I stopped at Cunningham BMW today to inquire about the Dinan Cold Air Intake. Since they had no current information, they called their rep at Dinan who told them that there is no Cold Air Intake setup available for the E39 M5. If anyone here has any different information on this upgrade, I certainly would appreciate the facts. Thanks.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Here are the facts that I've uncovered. I called Jeff Hecocks at Dinan, 650.962.9401 x136 who heads up sales, and asked him about the availability of the cold air intakes. He told me they were definately avialable and that I should check with my local dealer for their inventory status, which I did and they replied they have not received the inventory yet but it was coming soon.

[This message has been edited by hank (edited 14 November 2000).]

1 - 20 of 31 Posts