BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After gathering dimensions from the factory Dinan filter, I've found a much better filter to replace them with. S&B filters offer the best filtration on the market, without suffering air flow. Feel free to check them out. I've ran their filters on all of my vehicles. MUCH better filtration than K&N replacements. After being in the diesel world for 5 years, I've seen a handful of motors suffer major issues from running K&N filters. S&B offers similar (or better) airflow as AFE, while maintaining a much higher filtering capacity, similar to stock air filters. Here is the filter replacement for the Dinan CAI's.

Universal Filter - Universal Filters - Products

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
After gathering dimensions from the factory Dinan filter, I've found a much better filter to replace them with. S&B filters offer the best filtration on the market, without suffering air flow. Feel free to check them out. I've ran their filters on all of my vehicles. MUCH better filtration than K&N replacements. After being in the diesel world for 5 years, I've seen a handful of motors suffer major issues from running K&N filters. S&B offers similar (or better) airflow as AFE, while maintaining a much higher filtering capacity, similar to stock air filters. Here is the filter replacement for the Dinan CAI's.

Universal Filter - Universal Filters - Products

Hope this helps.
Did you install the new filters? Any issues other than being a PITA to install. I installed new filters about 5K miles ago by pulling back the wheel well liner.

·
Registered
12,890 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts