BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys - just got off the phone with my midwest Dinan Rep - he told me that Dinan now has a part number loaded into their computer system for the new CAI system - so I went ahead and ordered one through my dealer - just outside Chicago - he informed me that as long as I paid for it before 3/31 - that I would still be eligible for the 10% discount!

BOOM - called my SA ASAP and made sure she placed the order - I will drop off a check tomorrow to make sure that everyone is happy

can't wait

also asked him about the new midpipes - he told me that he heard they were delayed a few weeks - but that certainly before the end of April - they should be available - there was not a part number available for this addition at this time however

I again asked him about the sound

He said the midpipe without the resonator is loud - and will sound like a Lamborghini from hell (probably on fire)

but the standard midpipe - will sound like a beautiful Ferrari - or any exotic - without being too obnoxious - that will be the way I go

as soon as I get this - I will post pics

along with my new police scanner

cheers

frank

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
$2499 - ouch

but if you pre-order it and pay for it before 3/31

they - Dinan -will honor the 10% discount

cheers
frank

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
part number

d- 763-0044

I think this is the correct part number

God - I for one cannot wait!!!!!

cheers

frank

·
Registered
266 Posts
What are the gains ? Also how is this better then the stock box with RPI scoops.. Will they give 10% off of the ECU upgrade ?

·
Registered
120 Posts
The latest Dinan brochure has somewhat of a diagram of it in it. I will scan and post it sometime tomorrow (in a Hotel this evening).

It looks like it is a complete replacement of the stock air boxes. What is in the brochure is no where to be seen on their web site.

It almost looks like the RPI scoops could work in conjunction with it.

-David

·
Registered
120 Posts
Here is a scan of their latest brochure that shows the drawing for the air intake mod they are coming out with.

-David

Attachments

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
So it looks like Dinan made a cold air box and threw in some of their cone shaped air filters.

That makes sense for them.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Yes, will certainly dyno before as my dealer now has a DYNO!! YES!! I will probably wait a week or so to install the air intakes as I am having exhaust work done this week and I want to give the car time to adapt before baselining again pre-intake. And then will dyno after driving the car with intakes for a week with no other mods. I am thinking the RPI scoops are going to work well with the Dinan intake and larger MAFs along with the TB's. We shall see if these yield gains because now I am increasing flow on both sides of the combustion chambers with headers, race cats on the exhaust side and RPI, Intake, Larger MAFs, and larger TB's on the intake side. Now all I need is porting and polishing!!

·
Registered
501 Posts
Yes, will certainly dyno before as my dealer now has a DYNO!! YES!! I will probably wait a week or so to install the air intakes as I am having exhaust work done this week and I want to give the car time to adapt before baselining again pre-intake. And then will dyno after driving the car with intakes for a week with no other mods. I am thinking the RPI scoops are going to work well with the Dinan intake and larger MAFs along with the TB's. We shall see if these yield gains because now I am increasing flow on both sides of the combustion chambers with headers, race cats on the exhaust side and RPI, Intake, Larger MAFs, and larger TB's on the intake side. Now all I need is porting and polishing!!
you are on your way to one hell of a setup. :M5thumbs:

1 - 20 of 88 Posts