BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To those of you that have installed the Dinan Diff - how does the shop make sure the alignment of the drive shaft is 100% correct? Is there a tool they use?

I recently installed a Dinan Diff and feel a slight vibration at speeds above 40mph, and get progressively more noticeable at higher speeds. Car feels a little rougher then before.

Any insight is appreciated.

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
funny you mention this !!

right now as we speak my car is in the shopp gettin a new dinan 3.91 for that exact same reason !!

i was getting a very rough ride , vibration between 2-5k rpm's in any gear !! when i drove someone elses who does'nt have a diff it was so smoooth !!

i called dinan explained the problem they went over all the senario's with my dealer bushings , shafts, etc and then decided to send out a new one !!

ps this is my 5th diff !! they offered my $$$ back but i said i'd rather have the power !!

should be done in a couple of days !!

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
Great. Now I'm just 'someone'???? Where's the luv, mang???:(

i was gonna give you the prop's but it just did'nt happen !! sorry man !!

but yes it was BONER'S car that i beat the ****e out of and it was noticeably smoooother than mine !!

lovelovelovelovelovelovelovelovebtw boner happy v-day sweetie lovelovelovelovelovelovelovelove

1 - 4 of 4 Posts