1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
543 Posts
I wonder if there is a minimum required amount to get the pedals? Would like those, but the only thing I need atm would be the software upgrade - could kill two upgrades for one low (lol) price.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wonder if there is a minimum required amount to get the pedals? Would like those, but the only thing I need atm would be the software upgrade - could kill two upgrades for one low (lol) price.
Pedals are free with purchase of an intake...or 10% off...or free strut brace with purchase of exhaust

·
Registered
351 Posts
I don't really like the fact that they force you to install as well during the time period. Maybe I want to buy it first and install it later. I know they are protecting from resellers, but c'mon...

·
Registered
464 Posts
When did the intake cost go up $500? :grrrr:

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Was just going to ask the same question! Easy to give a 10% discount when you increase the cost by 25%!!!

MAFS went up $50

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
ouch! how much did the headers go up.
Still only $8K. On sale for $7200. It appears prices on most items have increased, though.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Looks like bait and switch tactic if they just jacked up the prices.... Where's the emoticon of the guy with the ball gag when you need it??? Gonna get myself in trouble. :eek:oohhh:hmmm

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Seems software went up as well. When you move up stages, you pay the difference between your current stage and the new stage you want to move up too. For example, stage 2 "was" $100 more than stage 1 so when you upgraded to stage 2 in 2007 or prior, it would cost you only $100. Today it will cost you $200 to upgrade from stage 1 to stage 2.

Not too impressed with their new pricing. Thats for sure.

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
...these guys are nuts. OK gouge the owners of new cars if you must/can, but they still charge $900 for an E34 muffler... a car that hasn't been built since 1990 -18 years...

If you're business can't recoup the R&D costs in the first few years and alow for lower price volume selling either you are incompetent or you are .....

imho

·
Registered
252 Posts
Dinan is for suckers

10% LOL

what about the 5000% mark up

Since when cold air intake and hollowed out mufflers cost an arm and a leg

·
Shill account for CNS Racing
435 Posts
So the Dinan Supercharger kit is $26k? I thought it was $60k only with the S3 package?

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Dinan Rebate form a joke.

I was just about to purchase the 17mm adjustable rear sway bar and see that is has gone up 10% in price ($20). I then looked at the rebate form and instructions/conditions to qualify for the rebate. A lot of work for very few dollars. hmmmhmmm

This has prompted me to look at other options, sorry Steve...

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
It's a cost of living increase, every business must do it .. If guys don't like the prices simply don't buy the products!! So let's not turn this thread into CRAP like EVERY Dinan discussion becomes..:rolleyes:

·
Banned
1,449 Posts
Vey simple.Prices too high?Go to Walmart.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Vey simple.Prices too high?Go to Walmart.
What do you expect from someone who has bought a lot of Dinan parts? cherrsagai

And why is it so black and white - like Dinan is God's gift to BMW and everything else is crap?

I believe a lot of customers feel the same frustration as I do in the sense that Dinan is the only big player on the market so they can afford to jack up prices - it's called monopoly.

Case in point: Wanna short shifter from Dinan? Go to the BMW parts bin and you will find SAME shifter for OVER 50% off. Sure, maybe they researched the part and found it to work. But, hey, if I was sole source aftermarket BMW for the many years, then it becomes a whole heck of a lot easier. So translate those costs down to the customer.

Dinan is not a cut above the rest especially relative to your Walmart comment. They are just the ONLY big fish in town that can outmuscle everybody else on the market and a customer base with deeper pockets than any other.

JMHO...

PS I still don't like how we are forced to install the parts in the same time period as we purchase it just to receive the 10%. A sale or rebate is most likely to trigger an interested customer that may not have bought the said part until later. To me, those stipulations render the 10% rebate to a limited number of interested buyers who can install at the same time period - which is strategic to limiting their profit hit from the rebate itself. But, c'mon...give us a break. I love the products, but they are a bit overpriced to begin with.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
jeez, why do people get so worked up over Dinan? If don't like the product, pricing or style of the Dinan logo, don't buy the product but keep your social commentary to yourself.

How about this...everyone who doesn't like Dinan, don't ever post in a thread that involves the company's products...your posts add nothing and simply take up space on my blackberry screen while I'm trying to surf the board

I didn't start the thread so that I could listen to a bunch of people cry about Dinan...if you want to cry and complain about pricing go do it somewhere else. Go start your own thread and title it "If you don't like Dinan's pricing, sound off here." I'll know you've started a *****-session and I won't read it.

This is the same BS as the letters to the editor of Roundel/Bimmer/you name the BMW mag complaining about the styling of the E60 and how they hate it and it's an abomination and BMW has lost its way...shut up...no one cares if you don't like it! Vote with your wallet and don't buy the product but don't make us listen to your emotional, generally unsupported drivel...there are plenty of us who do like Dinan products.

Comments like "Dinan is for suckers" don't make you any friends.

Seriously, one of the best things about M5Board is the maturity of the members (or it used to be because I sense it slipping recently) relative to all the other forums...ppl come here to share information, debate, comraderie etc. not to be put down by someone who joined the forum 5 mos ago but feels we all need to know his opinion about products I'm guessing (could be wrong) he has no first hand experience with. If he did have the first hand knowledge (i.e., owns the products), he'd be the same sucker he accuses everyone else of being who owns Dinan products.

State your perspective but do it in a mature way that's based in fact...not in a way that puts others down

ok, i'm in off the ledge now...sorry, but I couldn't help myself...

1 - 20 of 36 Posts