BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
?????

·
10,455 Posts
500hp!!! and fender gills. What do you think, the mods might add 15k to the value of the car perhaps? Looks like it's got the whole dinan catolog.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Don't bid on it, it's mine!

Think they'll take my house as a trade in?

Actually, I love it for the wheels alone. :drool:

·
Registered
259 Posts
ah...so that is what the gills look like. Kinda busy. They should have plugged the side marker lamps. Would look a little cleaner.

-Jeff

·
Registered
208 Posts
VROOM5 said:
What do you guys think, im considering but am not sure what to bid at?
I think that's Manny's friends car. If you search the classifieds section of this site you should find a full description and asking price etc...
If that's the car, Manny described it as being VERY fast.
Cheers,

·
Registered
302 Posts
I havent ever seen an M5 with the M3 side vents aka "fender gills" It looks awesome. Does anyone have them on this board...or know how to get them?

·
Registered
7,533 Posts
ray540inyc said:
the car has been completely repainted by the way.
Quote from ebay ad: " Exterior is free of any damage or repairs. There are no dings visible on the exterior of this vehicle. To look this good, it is obvious that this beauty has been garaged."

Hmmm...free of any damage or "repairs" -- yet the whole car has been repainted?

"obvious that this beauty was garaged" -- or just repainted?

·
Registered
439 Posts
the original (he bought it used) owner told me most of the miles were hwy miles from visiting his son out of state, he said the front had alot of rock chips. i believed him . i crawled all over that car and could not find any thing wrong with it. the paint job looks pretty good. not a show paint job but not crappy.

ray

CSBM5 said:
Quote from ebay ad: " Exterior is free of any damage or repairs. There are no dings visible on the exterior of this vehicle. To look this good, it is obvious that this beauty has been garaged."

Hmmm...free of any damage or "repairs" -- yet the whole car has been repainted?

"obvious that this beauty was garaged" -- or just repainted?

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
There are to many little suspicisons and things wrong with the car, I would be very cautious. If I remember correctly, a few board members test drove it, and they had a few complaints which swayed them to not buy the car.

Also, if the whole car is resprayed and doesn't look factory, I would walk away!

Travis

·
Registered
890 Posts
The gills look cheesy, the brakes are stock and he went with a stage 1 suspension. I'll bet it's fast but you need a BBK and camber plates for that kinda power.... Also the interior looks a little beat up...

·
Registered
377 Posts
I remember seeing the car at English Town Raceway at one of our meets.
The thing I noticed first was the bad paint job. It was just so blatant. Maybe it's been corrected....

No offense to anyone, but I certainly wouldn't pick-up that car :sad3:

·
Registered
262 Posts

·
Registered
7,533 Posts
Sharif said:
I remember seeing the car at English Town Raceway at one of our meets.
Was this the "S2" that was trapping only around the same speed as the other M5's that were there that day?

·
Registered
262 Posts
Wake Champ said:
Cebu
Thanks for the link. Do you have them on your car? Just wondering what installation is like.
nope. looks like you have to drill the fender... which i'm not so keen about doing.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts