BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The TV in the 5, 6 and 7 series can do digital and analog, but they're only suitable for receiving "free to air" transmission, transmission you don't have to pay for (ussualy public channels). There is no slot which accepts a chipcard so you can also receive encrypted paid transmissions.

I think that just made the TV obsolete. There's almost nothing left on analog here in NL, just the public channels and digital tv providers all use encrypted transmissions which means a chipcard.

Thought I'd put this out there just incase.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,327 Posts
frylord said:
I think that just made the TV obsolete. There's almost nothing left on analog here in NL, just the public channels and digital tv providers all use encrypted transmissions which means a chipcard.

Thought I'd put this out there just incase.
So have these guys wire in their receiver to some AUX terminal and use a remote to switch channels.

http://www.digitenne.nl/cartv/index.asp
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Stevie said:
So have these guys wire in their receiver to some AUX terminal and use a remote to switch channels.

http://www.digitenne.nl/cartv/index.asp
Currently the only 2 companies which have national coverage are Canal Digital (which is a Canal+ company) and KPN Digital. Digitenne only works in the northern regions and I just happen to live in the west. :D

I'm aware of the possibilities. Globe Gadgets has a car tuner which has been getting good reviews. If need be I could hook up a 12 -> 220 convert in the trunk and install a regular settop box there.

I was just trying to inform other people before they decide to opt for the tv tuner, if you want to receive paid digital channels you have to take some extra steps.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,327 Posts
frylord said:
Currently the only 2 companies which have national coverage are Canal Digital (which is a Canal+ company) and KPN Digital. Digitenne only works in the northern regions and I just happen to live in the west. :D
I have had a company in Breda put a set of screen and a digitenne receiver in the back of a client's XJR and reception in fine upto 120km/h in all of Z-H, except Goeree. Is that west enough?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Stevie said:
I have had a company in Breda put a set of screen and a digitenne receiver in the back of a client's XJR and reception in fine upto 120km/h in all of Z-H, except Goeree. Is that west enough?
I live in Eindhoven, Goeree is in Zeeland right? I don't know wether Digitenne unofficialy works over here but officialy there is no coverage, Breda is close to Eindhoven.

When I do the postalcode check on the digitenne site I get:
De ingevoerde postcode bevindt zich niet in het ontvangst gebied van Digitenne. Meer detail informatie vindt u op de site van Digitenne.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,327 Posts
frylord said:
I live in Eindhoven, Goeree is in Zeeland right? I don't know wether Digitenne unofficialy works over here but officialy there is no coverage, Breda is close to Eindhoven.

When I do the postalcode check on the digitenne site I get:
Ahh, that's Brabant. Doesn't that region still get international development-aid????? Hihihi. Without kidding, I've heard reception outside the civilsed world is bad, but since you stated "west" I expected you to be in the "randstad".

Goeree is still Zuid-Holland, but it indeed is the last isle before entering Zeeland, and also on development-funds!!! :1:
 
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top