BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i am on the forum over at dpreview but no one will help me out there cuz most are too much of a pro enthusiast. i am interested in getting a digicam and want to get the smallest i can get with the most optical zoom and megapixels. i was looking at the minolta f100 but its too big and slow and has problems and i was looking at the canon s40 but they already came out w/ a better s45 that isn't coming to the US supposedly but why buy an s40 when there is a much better camera out there already. However, I looked at the new cams coming out that were intro'd at photokina show and there are tons in my category. There is a konica kd-500z, kyocera finecam s5, contax tvs digital (this one is too $$ at 1,000 bucks for a 3x zoom pointandshoot), olympus c50 and d50zoom, Pentax 430rs, etc. Does anyone know about any of these or any others and have any advice/comments? I don't know how small they actually are or how they compare b/c there aren't any good photo shops in my area and i bet none will even carry any of those cams even when they are released. do you know when any of them will be available or if any other new cameras are coming out? I was also thinking about looking at the canon elph 230 which probably has a big sacrifice in image quality but the camera is tiny. I didn't really want to go that small but it seems like there isn't anything else out there.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts