BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
6,940 Posts
Either my firewall at work is blocking the photo, or it's a REALLY SMALL logo..... lol....

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
timmay, I've attached it to the post now, just in case you are having technical difficulties with the image displaying.

·
Registered
6,940 Posts
Got it now, looks very cool. I may just be old fashioned, but I like the original myself. Then again, I also think that the chrome kidneys are like a signiture BMW look. I will never change mine.

·
Registered
6,940 Posts
nah you're just old...:7:
Damn Kids.....

Actually, the more I look at it, the more it is growing on me. It would clash with my spanish plate name though, "M CINCO". My spanish wife had to add her $.02 I was going to go with "M FUNF" (german)

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Very nice. How did you accomplish that? paint or sticker
Photoshop, actually. :7:

I've attached another one in grey for those wanting to see in another colour. I've been on a DIY kick lately, with the whole carbon fiber cloth interior trim, and finally getting my PS2 wired up properly. So now I've been throwing the idea around of changing things up a bit (just finishing putting black vinyl on the chromeline window trim, considering going to black kidney grilles, thinking about changing out the blue/white BMW roundel for a black/white variation, etc.) and I wanted to gauge the reaction. I'm kinda liking it, to be honest.

Attachments

·
Registered
9,355 Posts
Personally, when it comes to logos, I dont like anything but the originals. Doing anything different is It's like changing country flag colors.

Hey, you asked! :haha:

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
VERY NICE! How did you change the colors? I wanna do it as well.
Found a shot of the back of an E39 M5, then masked off each stripe, then used Hue/Saturation to change the color of the stripes.

If you mean IRL, well, I haven't yet. Workin' on it. :D

·
Registered
181 Posts
i've seen that before on an E46 M3, looks great but it'd be odd to see any other ///M logos in the normal color. i say do it if ur gonna do all of them :cool:

·
Registered
362 Posts
Well, I think M logo will still be M logo whatever happened. It represents a legend in motorsport industry that took years and years to be built. I think we should be careful and respect their work and pride of the guys out there.
There are millions of colors and shapes that are more better than the existing color. But, we still and will still love the M logo.
Cheers,
Muhammad

1 - 20 of 26 Posts