BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any real difference in the Cabin Filters that are normal,and the Carbon Ones? I need to get some replacements but im not sure which one or if there is even any difference.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I only buy the activated charcoal filters. They make for a more pleasant cabin. The activated carbon removes most, but not all, of the bad smells before they enter the cabin. They also stop small amounts of aromatic hydrocarbons (i.e. that overly rich running carburated Camaro spewing fumes in front of you at a light!) from reaching the cabin. The standard filters filter pollen and some dust only.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
I only buy the activated charcoal filters. They make for a more pleasant cabin. The activated carbon removes most, but not all, of the bad smells before they enter the cabin. They also stop small amounts of aromatic hydrocarbons (i.e. that overly rich running carburated Camaro spewing fumes in front of you at a light!) from reaching the cabin. The standard filters filter pollen and some dust only.
This man speaks the truth. In my experience, the activated charcoal filters are worth the added expense.

Reactions: gsfent
1 - 3 of 3 Posts