BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just had the 4th bulb failure (different bulb every time) in the last 2 months.

I have had the 3rd brake light, driver side brake light, driver side fog and Now the driver side low beam go out.

I am using the BMW Battery Tender almost every night and since that is not common practice for most owners, I am beginning to wonder if that is some how the culprit.
OR is it possibke that I am just reaching the end of bulb life on all bulbs, car has 66K miles.
What do you guys think?

·
Registered
6,014 Posts
Unless you are leaving the key on and the lights that are failing on, the battery tender shouldn't have any effect.

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
a different bulb every time should be the big glowing "DONT WORRY ABOUT IT" sign.

if it were the same bulb, that may be cause for slight worry. But, all the bulbs were probably replaced at once, or are the same bulbs the car came with. Thus, having them go out in this fashion is far from unheard of.

but, the very little money you may be saving by using the battery tender is probably going to go out the window when you have to replace the hood latch mechanism/cable from mucking about so often :).

Reactions: josiahg52

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
a different bulb every time should be the big glowing "DONT WORRY ABOUT IT" sign.

if it were the same bulb, that may be cause for slight worry. But, all the bulbs were probably replaced at once, or are the same bulbs the car came with. Thus, having them go out in this fashion is far from unheard of.

:)
but, the very little money you may be saving by using the battery tender is probably going to go out the window when you have to replace the hood latch mechanism/cable from mucking about so often .

LOLOLOL

Well to be exact, I use the BMW OEM Battery Tender with the Cig lighter attachment, so I am wearing down the driver side door latch.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am contemplating going to 6000K (from stock 4300K) and am wondering if that too "ricey" (I apologize in advance for using the word fo lack of a better word)

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Why battery tender everday if car is being driven ?

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Why battery tender everday if car is being driven ?

My daily commute is 14 minutes door to door and the rest of 23 hours and 32 minutes the car just sits, so i figured the tender couldn't hurt.

·
Registered
968 Posts
I use the Battery Tender whenever the car sits longer than two days. Since it's driven almost every day except in the winter when it's real snowy and during flying vacations; I use the Tender perhaps twenty days a year. I've never had any problems with it. I think it's probably just coincidence.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts