BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

Just bought my first M5 - E60 2005 registered. Had 3 M3's before but thought it was time to upgrade! Bought from BMW dealer but haven't actually seen yet!! It has full merino leather. Most come with extended merino leather. Can anyone tell me what the difference is; apparently it was a £5,000 extra!!

Will post photos in due course.

Only 21 more sleeps!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks

·
Registered
649 Posts
In the US it's a $3,500 option and if you ask me it's a must!! when i was ordering my car it was my first option I chose,
ok dash is full leather with stiching starting from pilar to pilar and all the up to the front windsheild. leather under dash glove box, knee baords under steering wheel, center arm rest Idrive window in leather, transmission hull is all leather. and the doors starting from the window with a nice stich mid way the door frame and continuing all the way to the pockets of the door. i love it!!!!!!!!!!!!worth every dollar, Euro, and Pound....:applause:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great - thanks very much AvusAndy. Look forward to using this site on a regular basis! (and the car too!!).

·
Registered
8,300 Posts
Congrats....with this 2005 E60 M5 did you get a warranty ?? How long is it for and what does it cover ?? Did you have this 2005 checked out first ?? We have discussed the 2005 in great depth.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Did get a full BMW warranty so hopefully covers everything!! It is an approved used car under their scheme so again, should be ok. Will check out the discussions on 2005 model. Don't think I'll make the Massachustts meeting in July, but am holidaying in Vegas in Sept (from UK).

·
Registered
232 Posts
Hrm .. so you're saying you got a CPO vehicle from BMW on an M5?

I wonder if this is a European thing... in the US that's not possible today.

That would raise some serious concern from the US owners if you did indeed get a CPO M5 in Europe.

-F

·
Registered
4,404 Posts
In the US it's a $3,500 option and if you ask me it's a must!! when i was ordering my car it was my first option I chose,
ok dash is full leather with stiching starting from pilar to pilar and all the up to the front windsheild. leather under dash glove box, knee baords under steering wheel, center arm rest Idrive window in leather, transmission hull is all leather. and the doors starting from the window with a nice stich mid way the door frame and continuing all the way to the pockets of the door. i love it!!!!!!!!!!!!worth every dollar, Euro, and Pound....:applause:

You also get the alcantara headliner.

·
Registered
13,638 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
AUC applies to everything apart from consumables (tyres, brakes exhaus etc) although they must all come up to certain standard before being classified as AUC

·
Registered
994 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts