BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
For Sale: Complete E60 M5 Diff with BMW Motorsport 3.91 ring & pinion!

Description: Built from a brand new diff purchased from BMW, the R&P was installed by a professional builder who builds diffs for many professional race teams. Works flawlessly with no clunking or whine. Diff has less than 1500 miles on it.

Reason For Selling: My brother is parting out his M5 to sell the car. Diff is already out of the car as seen by the photos.

Shipping: Obviously local pickup is preferred, but if it needs to be shipped it will be shipped via truck freight. Buyer will pay all shipping costs.

Price: $3000, buyer pays for shipping

Pics:

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
PS - Dinan's diff is also $3000..... but they require a core. Which means that you have to give them your old diff. This is an outright sale, no core required!

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
May be interested. What are the benefits of the 3.91 diff as opposed to oem? Live in jersey for pick up.
OEM is a 3.62, which is taller. The shorter 3.91 gives you quicker acceleration and an 8% increase in torque to the wheels. It works perfectly with the M5 because of the lack of low end torque and 7 speeds. The 3.91 allows for better low end response (<4000k RPMs) and the 7 speed is geared such that you still have plenty of top end.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Well Said My friend... GL with sale if i may look in buying this if you have it in a month or so....

OEM is a 3.62, which is taller. The shorter 3.91 gives you quicker acceleration and an 8% increase in torque to the wheels. It works perfectly with the M5 because of the lack of low end torque and 7 speeds. The 3.91 allows for better low end response (<4000k RPMs) and the 7 speed is geared such that you still have plenty of top end.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
One of the best upgrades you can do on the E60. Can't go wrong with it, what you gain in acceleration from the torque multiplier far outweighs what you give up in top end speed, almost negligable I'd say. Can't even hit top speed anywhere except the track.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
One of the best upgrades you can do on the E60. Can't go wrong with it, what you gain in acceleration from the torque multiplier far outweighs what you give up in top end speed, almost negligable I'd say. Can't even hit top speed anywhere except the track.
And I'm not asking for a core, which means you keep your stock diff. Dinan makes you give them your stock diff and charges you more!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts