BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did everyone who has the M6 Cabrio, get a wind deflector?
Mine came with what looks like a bag (pouch) for it, but no deflector.
My dealer said it wasn't included, but I don't understand why there would be
the pouch without it.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
I negotiated the Wind Deflector at the time I purchased my Cab. It is not an automatically provided accessory. If you check our Board sponsors you can get one less than retail. I couldn't live without it. It really makes a difference especially with the windows down. And yes, it does come with a zippered case for storage.

The part # is 54347151856. Approx discounted price $485

<table align="center" border="0" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td class="tabletext" valign="top"> 54347151856* </td> <td class="tabletext" align="right" valign="top">Each</td> <td class="tabletext" align="right" valign="top"><input name="quantity_33" value="1" size="3" maxlength="6" class="textbox" type="text"></td> <td class="tabletext" align="right" valign="top">$595.00</td> <td class="tabletext" align="right" valign="top"> $595.00
$485.00 </td> </tr> </tbody></table> <input name="itemSize_33" value="" type="hidden"><input name="itemColor_33" value="" type="hidden"> <input name="optionID_33" value="" type="hidden"> <table align="center" border="0" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td colspan="4" class="tabletext" valign="top" width="90%"> OEM BMW Convertible Wind Deflector
This aerodynamic extra is crafted from mesh material, helping to reduce wind noise and increase cabin comfort. Comes with convenient storage bag. Fits 6 Series and M6 Convertibles. </td> <td class="tabletext" align="right" width="150"> <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"> <tbody><tr> <td class="tabletext" align="right" width="150">
</td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr></tbody></table>

·
Registered
358 Posts
The wind deflector doesn't come standard. Bought mine online. Its a must have when highway driving with top down. It does come with a storage bag but 99% of time I leave the deflector installed in the car ready for action.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your replies guys. I always wondered about that. When I bought my M6 back in 07, it was still on the boat and I was able to track it as it came in to NJ. I was so excited to get behind the wheel that I just accepted what the dealer said about there being no deflector, even though I see them in most M6 Cab's that i see.

·
Registered
933 Posts
it is odd that you had the bag for it, because the bag usually comes with a deflector.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Slammed, that's why I even asked the dealer about it. After that I forgot about it and eventually gave the bag to a friend who has a deflector. The price zerocks1 listed sounds ok though so I may pick one up.

·
Registered
933 Posts
I had one in my E93 M3, I only got it after about a year of owning the car and not having one. I would never own another convertible without it. (or at least another 4 door convertible, there is so much draft in the backseat with these "BIG" convertibles.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Sorry to drag an old thread up.......I didn't get one either. I've emailed my dealer to 'try my luck' but it looks like I'll have to buy one.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
They do not come with one unless its negotiated at time of purchase. Well worth the money however IMO. Never leave home without it.

·
Registered
50 Posts
This is something you can often find on Ebay or Craigslist for a fraction of what the Dealer wants. I sold my SL wind deflector on Ebay and there had to be at least 4 or 5 others for sale at the same time. I still got what I wanted for it though but I was asking less than half of the dealer price. Good luck. You will love it.

·
Registered
615 Posts
I ended up ordering from Ebay. I used this seller and paid $389.49 with free shipping

BMW E64 6 Series 645CI 650i M6 Convertible Wind Deflector 54347151856 New | eBay

I hope to have it soon to see how much difference it makes :)
I have rarely seen anyone not love the wind deflector. It makes a huge difference, typically on the way home we would put the top down since it wouldn't muss up my Wife's hair on the way out for the night. With the deflector we could put the top down on the way out also.

When you want more air flow, you just knock push it flat, when you want the cabin to be less turbulent pull it back up.

·
Registered
579 Posts
How does the effect of the wind deflector compare to raising the rear window?
It's completely different. With the all the windows up you still get a lot of air turbulence in the cabin. With the wind deflector, it's almost like having the roof up. You still get a nice air flow but you can have a conversation and even use the BT hands free to talk. It's really a must have. :wroom:

·
Registered
85 Posts
I've had my car for 6 years and never even knew about the existence of a "wind deflector" until I read this thread. Ordered one from Amazon and installed it yesterday. "So, that's what those holes in the back seat are for." Duh.ouich

I like the looks and it does seem to work. Thanks again to this forum, albeit 6 FRIGGEN YEARS later. Day late and a dollar short, story of my life.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
It's completely different. With the all the windows up you still get a lot of air turbulence in the cabin. With the wind deflector, it's almost like having the roof up. You still get a nice air flow but you can have a conversation and even use the BT hands free to talk. It's really a must have. :wroom:
Thanks for the details. What I meant though was how does the wind deflector compare to having just the rear glass up.
The rear glass is the one that goes over the trunk. With this glass up, there is noticeably less noise in the cabin. It serves some wind deflecting purposes, but adds drag. I was just wondering how the two compared for function.

:M5launch:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts