BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

Did you buy your M5 new or Used

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
3,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems like there is alot of 2nd hand m5's on the board now, and thats fine I have just noticed the change over thats all, and I am wondering how many of the M5 Owners on here acually purchased their cars new vs How many are used M5's. If you'd like and you got your's used, you can also include what you paid for it, and then those looking for used M5's will know what some went for and how many miles where on it and what they will have to look to pay for one, again only if you like.

My self New In July of 03.

·
Registered
992 Posts
Used - 2003 Sterling Grey with full leather, no PDC, no Sunshade. 5,000 miles on odo. Bought in Sept. 2004. Price - low $60k's

Jayson said:
It seems like there is alot of 2nd hand m5's on the board now, and thats fine I have just noticed the change over thats all, and I am wondering how many of the M5 Owners on here acually purchased their cars new vs How many are used M5's. If you'd like and you got your's used, you can also include what you paid for it, and then those looking for used M5's will know what some went for and how many miles where on it and what they will have to look to pay for one, again only if you like.

My self New In July of 03.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Bought mine used 2 months ago. Traded for my 2002 M3hiha

Just 15.000 miles(believe me), inspected, and with extended BMW warranty. Very happy!:hihi:

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
New, July 6, 2000, fifth anniversary this week. Ordered car in April, 99 - delivered 15 months later. Worth the wait.

Steve :wroom:

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Got it new in 4/00 (3/00 build). Paid MSRP (came to around $75K) which was quite the deal in early 2000. Now it has 57,500 miles and running fine. The only major mod being the Tubi... I have the IATS kit and I'm just sitting on it, but with more days like today in FL, I'd better get to installing it. Hopefully I'll be driving her until she can't go no more.

·
Registered
977 Posts
Purchased used (with trade in of 2003 M3 SMG) on June 12, 2005. Sale price was $47,000. 2002 LMB/LMB with all options, 42,900 miles. CPO and extended maintenance for 4yr/50k miles.

Buying brand new doesn't seem to be worth it with the cars I've been after. There is a HUGE depreciation hit within the first 3 months, and there are frequently excellent offerings out there that you can save 10's of thousands for a slightly used car.

http://gallery.slipoftime.com/m5

·
Registered
12,393 Posts
Used. (First used car in 15 years)

2003, M Audio, PDC, Shades, 16k miles, cpo, Oct 2004, $58k

Car su cks, thinking of selling it for cheap...

NOT

It is an interesting phenomena to see the 'changing of the guard' so to speak as a model ages... been there elsewhere.... somewhat different motivations, bit of a different texture to the new owners...as well as a different type of long term owner that emerges as the 'new car every 3 years type' tends to move on.

Anyway, interesting topic-

·
Registered
512 Posts
Bought my 02 used in June 2005. I got a great deal on it.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Bought mine second hand. New is the luxury of the wealthy. 1999 with most of the extras aside from angel eyes, double glazing, and rear blind oh and NO warranty - LIVE ON THE EDGE :eek:oohhh: :eek:oohhh: :eek:oohhh: :nono: :nono: .

£21k, 52k on the clock.

Pip :cool:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Bought used Oct 2004, a CPO extended warranty 2002 with 16,500 miles. Now, has 27,500 miles, and lovin' every minute. Struggling to exhibit some degree of driving restraint, though. :wroom:

·
Registered
297 Posts
2002 Sterling Grey with 6500 miles on it. Car is flawless without a scratch on it. Was bought 2 weeks ago for $56,980 with an extended warranty.

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,977 Posts
Car built March 2000. First registration May 2000. Bought it in October 2001 at 2300 km. Paid 100k DM (about EUR 55k) to a BMW dealer in Stuttgart, Germany.

David

·
Registered
262 Posts
New - got it on 12/03.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Bought mine new. Received Feb 2003, right around valentines day.
I didnt get that great a deal with the dealer :eek: .
Already have over 35K miles on it and loving every second of it.

·
Registered
754 Posts
I purchased my 03 Brand spankin' new stock Beast in January of 04 for about $71k out the door.
The dealer in Palm Springs had it on his showroom floor for about six months.
I gusee the aged don't like to shift.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
New 2003 for $105K (cdn)
Built Jan '03
Delivered Mar '03

The S///Mile just keeps getting bigger

1 - 20 of 54 Posts