BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I love the outcome . Worth the trouble you went through.
I am even more impressed by the EVO upgrade on the iDrive module
Will you be willing to share details on that ?

I am Gary
2006 SMG E60M5

954 290 2840

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I love the outcome . Worth the trouble you went through.
I am even more impressed by the EVO upgrade on the iDrive module
Will you be willing to share details on that ?

I am Gary
2006 SMG E60M5

954 290 2840

yes, what would you like to know?

im actually planning on doing a little video run through of the NBT idrive. there are a few menus and settings that aren't native and a few settings that are missing.

such as there is no "DSC OFF" option in Mdrive settings.

i informed Bimmerretrofit tech support about this and they tell me it was a coding error. so that will be hopefully worked out. luckily you can still select any M drive setting manually with the buttons by the shifter.

overall it's still a huge upgrade.

apple carplay is really nice.

·
Registered
324 Posts
wonderfull.....

RESPOND TO THE PUBLIC:)))
1,WERE DO U LIVE*if close i will love to get help from u in person to install mine that i am looking to get one*
2.were did u got it from ?
3.did it came PNP codded to your car ?
4.were and how much did the upholstery and cf trims cost?

THX U

idrive replacement with NBT EVO retrofit.
beige interior leather recovered w/ black merino leather.
madeira wood trim replaced with real carbon fiber.

[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
IB DinanS2++ e60m5 6MT, Dogleg s38b38 e28m5 TT/ST3, e30 TT/ST5
7,130 Posts
The Apple Car play would be nice update/grade. I rent a lot of cars (not because my s85 is at the shop) when I fly. I have to say, the Apple Car play in my rentals are awesome.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Likewise .
I am in South Florida.
I would love to hear more or even you assist me to get through with the EVO upgrade .
Gary,

i didn't do the work myself.

although some people do buy the parts separately themselves and do the retrofit from scratch.

i bought a pre coded kit for my exact car by VIN number. Bimmerretrofit is the company i bought it from.

It's a fairly extensive install, even if you buy the kit.

it took my installer 2 full days. i wouldn't recommend doing it yourself unless you're very well versed in BMW electronics and custom fabrication. I'd recommend someone who's done retrofits on BMW before

·
Registered
497 Posts
Wow your interior looks great, it looks like you did a whole swap compared to recovering what you had. Turned out really sharp.

I've been kicking around the idea of the Bimmerretrofit NBT evo. A couple questions if you don't mind. How many hours did your installer bill you to put it in and does their system still have the black and white screen for the climate control? Does the HUD still work with it? Did you lose anything by doing it?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Wow your interior looks great, it looks like you did a whole swap compared to recovering what you had. Turned out really sharp.

I've been kicking around the idea of the Bimmerretrofit NBT evo. A couple questions if you don't mind. How many hours did your installer bill you to put it in and does their system still have the black and white screen for the climate control? Does the HUD still work with it? Did you lose anything by doing it?
two whole days so i guess 16 hours billed??
yes the climate screen still black and white. luckily it only stays up for 5 seconds.

there are a few settings from the Mdrive that aren't there. the active seats as far as i can tell aren't a part of the M drive settings. (but when i press my M button my active side bolster drivers seat light still lights up.)

nor are the shift settings. although i think they may be able to address that as they told me it would go from 5 settings down to 3, but instead the setting is missing altogether from the Mdrive menu.
luckily BMW was very smart and dedicated physical buttons to all these very important settings, so you can still access any Mdrive setting you had before.

I will be making a video highlighting all the major differences between the native E60 M5/M6 idrive vs NBT EVO, as it doesn't appear anyone ever has. At least when I searched youtube I couldn't find any.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Not entirely true. Some settings, such as the P500-Sport power setting can only be accessed by programming it to the M-Button. Losing this functionality would be a no-no for me.
yes but all three power settings are there in the menu.

also pretty sure the only difference between p500 and p500 sport is the mapping of the pedal.

i have a tune anyway and m mode feels the same as before for me.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
UPDATE: my NBT EVO screen is coming loose and starting to fall off from the fascia. very disappointed. i contacted Bimmerretrofit. and they said it isn't covered under warranty. even though i only installed it 2-3 months ago.

so now i have to remove it and send it back to be repaired, but I'm worried it just may happen again.

they said it's only held in place with double sided tape.

it seems to me the build quality of the retrofit isn't very good.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts