BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 2003 M5 with what I understand to be a MKIV (shows DVD on reader in trunk). However, prior to attempting to update, it showed my firmware to be "SW 3-1/63".

I downloaded FW V32 here: http://www.xoutpost.com/electronics/navigation-system/50902-v32-has-been-released-now-available.html

I then burned a CDR at 1x using CloneCD. Put it in the nav, gave me the usual screen with red text "CD-ROM in drive, installing sw." Then screen went black and flickered every few seconds. Gave it a good 10 minutes and never changed. All functions still work. I can listen to music now and buttons work but screen will not show, still just flickers. In addition I could not eject the disc. I tried the harness pull trick and the 3 minute hold. Had to take apart and move the gear myself. Screen still blank. I tried burning again with imgburn on stock settings which now looks like I should have changed the mode or something. But that did not do anything but did eject at least.

Can someone please help with a fix?

Thanks in advance,
Jeff

<!-- / message -->

·
Registered
595 Posts
Someone will be along soon

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
3-1/63 is a Mk 3 Nav.

Chances are that you've insterted a software CD that is not an ISO Mode 2 disc, the Nav is now in a continual reboot cycle.

You must first try and get the disc out, this may be just a case of pressing the eject button for a long time, sometimes they come out, or you may have to open the Nav, remove the eject motor and move the cogs by hand.

Next you'll may need to burn a Mode 2 CD and update the firmware correctly as it may be corrupt.

If you need more info let me know.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts