BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Delaer called me about an '02 Lemans Blue with LB interior and full Dinan kit (except headers and wheels). Dealer said he spent $26K on the kit??? Car has 40K miles and was a trade for a 745. They want $62 (high) for the car and it is CPO'd . I'm expecting a fax with the cars service history.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: Anyone in Fla. trade in an '02 Lemans Blue Dinan M5 recently?

got the service history. Looks like the car was CPO's at McKenna BMW in California so possible two owner car. I'll check into this. Extended maintenance was purchased which is good. Car has PDC, M-Audio and split seats

·
Registered
12,398 Posts

Did the car get cpo'd PRIOR to the Dinan upgrade?

(The list for the S2 upgrade is $27k... and that includes headers and exhaust...)

Did an authorized Dinan dealer do the upgrade? Will it affect the warranty?

How long did the first owner have it? How long ago was the Dinan work done? What EXACT "Dinan Kit" was done? The dealer should have records with specific part numbers- just go to Dinancars.com and compare...

Is this our favorite FLA dealer?

A

PS The 'service history' should show when the car switched states..

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)

Yes, our favorite dealer. They're willing to buy my car back clost to what I paid - but we'll fine tune that

Looks like the car was CPO'd at 22,442 miles by McKenna BMW. This dealer picked up the car at 26,891 miles. They claim the prev. owner traded it for a 745i - needed an automatic as it was an older gentleman.

I've got a call into Dinan to see if they can tell me exactly what was done based on the vin. Maybe it does have headers?

There is a note in the service history that reads:
Dinan cldair intk inst by long bch at 9,063 mi. Any failures related to or as a consequence of this or any other mods are not covered by the original 4/50K or CPO waranties
So looks like it was either installed or caught at 9K miles (prior to the CPO process) and has been running since. I'm going to call a local dealer to get the service codes deciphered.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Turns out the original owner had the Dinan work done at Long Beach BMW in CA. I'm waiting on a call from Long Beach to see what exactly was done.
I called Dinan and all they can tell is it has their CAI software. Doesn't have the header software so if it doesn't have headers as the dealer mentioned, it's not an S2 so there was not $26K done to it. Typical...but we'll see.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
boostmiser said:
Doesn't have the header software so if it doesn't have headers as the dealer mentioned, it's not an S2 so there was not $26K done to it. Typical...but we'll see.
That is just plain awful. Good thing you are doing your research. Keep us posted on how it all pans out.

·
Registered
12,398 Posts
Ya wonder if they are just stoopid or dishonest... or both.

Of course you know the second most common used car explanation behind "a little old lady used it to drive to church each Sunday"? Its "an older gentleman needed to trade it in on an automatic".

:)

Ard

·
Registered
12,398 Posts
What's the last 7 of the VIN? I might have seen it before-

Also, sometimes google can pop an old ebay auction...

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
ard said:
"an older gentleman needed to trade it in on an automatic".

Ard
Good catch Ard. Same song, but a different tune.

·
Registered
237 Posts
FWIW - I get my car serviced at Long Beach BMW, and in fact, that is where I got my previous 530i. They have a pretty good amount of Dinan kit on display, and they have a very large facility...one of the few BMW dealers locally that has their own body shop (most just farm bodywork out). I've been quite happy with their service...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts