BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
642 Posts
Those are some strips... and chunks.

Looks a lot like this one of my neighbor taken in the fall. I was scared he was going to not see me due to all of the smoke.

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
No flaming here...nice to see someone that can actually demonstrate some control instead of just standing on the throttle and tossing the car. :cheers:

My rears are nearing the end of their life, and I'll be incorporating their final destruction into a photoshoot later this month myself. :grinyes:

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Looks like a Nascar victory celebration! :D

·
Registered
142 Posts
on the m5 would it better to do donuts in 2nd gear or first gear, i find first puts more stress on the engine bouncing off the rev limiter like that. What do you drift, donut, tire spinning guys think about that.

·
Registered
732 Posts
on the m5 would it better to do donuts in 2nd gear or first gear, i find first puts more stress on the engine bouncing off the rev limiter like that. What do you drift, donut, tire spinning guys think about that.
It would be better to NOT do them at all, but if you feel the NEED to smoke some tires, DO NOT bounce off redline for more then a few seconds, if even that, personally I do not let my car get that close to redline. Take the burnout opportunity to learn engine/tire grip control, you should be able to "burn" enough rubber off to make smoke while honing your driving skills, just my 0.02.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
They were very well made donuts. Mmmm, fried rubber:grinyes:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts