BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Has anyone installed the new silverline module into their DICE system yet?
And on a completely unrelated topic I was wondering what your opinions would be on what size tire I should run on 8.5x19 and 10x19 (BBS RGR's, stock suspension).

Thanks
Chris

·
Registered
8,153 Posts
Heard good things about the dice silver line...for your wheels 245/35/19 and 275/30/19...
Hey guys,

Has anyone installed the new silverline module into their DICE system yet?
And on a completely unrelated topic I was wondering what your opinions would be on what size tire I should run on 8.5x19 and 10x19 (BBS RGR's, stock suspension).

Thanks
Chris

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, thats what I thought. As far the silverline goes, I talked to the guys at DICE and they're charging $50 to upgrade to the silverline so I'm going to check it out.

Thanks
Chris

·
Registered
208 Posts
I just installed the DICE Silverline in my car last night.

Really easy --- I bought through BSW

I'm gonna tackle the speakers and sub tomorrow.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Thanks, thats what I thought. As far the silverline goes, I talked to the guys at DICE and they're charging $50 to upgrade to the silverline so I'm going to check it out.

Thanks
Chris
How does the upgrade work?? I have an older version of the DICE module that works pretty good, but I was wondering if the silverline has the browsing capability of the Intravee II without the added cost. Please help untangle the confusion for me. Thanks.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How does the upgrade work?? I have an older version of the DICE module that works pretty good, but I was wondering if the silverline has the browsing capability of the Intravee II without the added cost. Please help untangle the confusion for me. Thanks.
I e-mailed DICE and they said that they were offering the upgrade for $50 and your old module. Supposedly the silverline uses the iPod hierarchy just like the Intravee II. I'm going to do the upgrade but I just haven't had time.

Hope this helps :cheers:
Chris

Reactions: julesandtrish

·
Registered
221 Posts
I e-mailed DICE and they said that they were offering the upgrade for $50 and your old module. Supposedly the silverline uses the iPod hierarchy just like the Intravee II. I'm going to do the upgrade but I just haven't had time.

Hope this helps :cheers:
Chris
Does anyone have any more info on trading in an original DICE module for a Silverline?

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
The only upgrade I know of is that you can buy the Silverline without the harness for $99, then just swap the two over.

·
8,369 Posts
Folks, I'm considering upgrading from DICE to DICE Silverline.

Any feedback / experiences on the Silverline series would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I have the Silverline in my car. Real easy install. I have it set to control the ipod for all of the big stuff (changing playlist, artist, and whatnot). I can still use the stereo and steering wheel controls to browse songs. I could never get the titles to display on the nav screen, but it is not a big deal for me personally. It is kind of difficult to find a good spot to put it without degrading the look of the interior; mine is currently next to the shifter and I like it there so far.

All in all, it is great. First mod I did. It is on all of the time unless I need to catch up with what is going on with the Cowboys.

·
Registered
524 Posts
I'm looking at this but how do I find out which version my stereo is?

I've got the 16.9 screen and my Cd Changer has 2 plugs on the bottom of it.
my car is a 2001.
Looking through different forum threads they talk about firm ware upgrade from mk3 to mk4.....How would I know which one I have at present.

http://www.europeanautosource.com/product_info.php?products_id=1625

Do I do away with the CD changer for this?
I don't mind as it jumps a bit anyway?

Where do you put the iPod in the car?

·
Registered
123 Posts
shamus,

I thought I had the old one on my 02 which would require the DPS adapter. As it turns out, this was not the case. In my opinion, if I was to do it again, I would order the basic module first and try to hook it up. If it did not work, I would spend the extra shipping cost to get the DSP adapter. Mine also had the two plugs going to the CD Changer. You will lose the CD Changer, but consider it a weight loss/performance increase. You can read my above post to see the functionality and how I like it.
As far as where to put it, either consider the spec dock that replaces the ashtray as that will give it a very custom look and I hear it does not get in the way of shifting. I tried to mount mine with velcro on the brushed aluminum just to the left of the nav display but being in the Texas heat the glue would not hold up and the iPod would fall off. Instead, I have it just to the right of the shifter where it fits perfectly. I used the perforated rubber that you find in kitchens drawers and cabinets that keep things from sliding and it works great. I have the wire coming out of the gearbox where I can pull out some extra length if I need it. Real clean looking. I can take and post a picture if anybody wants me to.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Pics

·
Registered
123 Posts
Here are the pictures. The first three are what it looks like currently. The last one is where I tried to mount it first but it would not stay due to the excessive heat. It may work fine in a cooler climate and I did like it there.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
I'm looking at this but how do I find out which version my stereo is?

I've got the 16.9 screen and my Cd Changer has 2 plugs on the bottom of it.
my car is a 2001.
Looking through different forum threads they talk about firm ware upgrade from mk3 to mk4.....How would I know which one I have at present.

http://www.europeanautosource.com/product_info.php?products_id=1625

Do I do away with the CD changer for this?
I don't mind as it jumps a bit anyway?

Where do you put the iPod in the car?
The plugs on the CD changer vary from digital to analogue. The analogue has the 6pin and 3pin plugs, the digital has the antenna-type round cable instead.
It is most likely you have the Mk3 nav. In the top right corner of your nav monitor display it will have a number.
You lose the CD changer.
The ipod can be in the boot, glove box, or mounted using accessory mounts. (also in the ashtray).

·
Registered
524 Posts
The plugs on the CD changer vary from digital to analogue. The analogue has the 6pin and 3pin plugs, the digital has the antenna-type round cable instead.
It is most likely you have the Mk3 nav. In the top right corner of your nav monitor display it will have a number.
You lose the CD changer.
The ipod can be in the boot, glove box, or mounted using accessory mounts. (also in the ashtray).
Thanks a lot mate I have the 6 and 3, Theres a lot of people out there telling me 6 & 3 was DSP. I was pretty sure it wasn't but then started doubting. DOH!

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
It is still DSP but analogue DSP. Clear as mud?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts