BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When pressing the mode button, it only selects either the radio or no tape? It was working fine 2 days ago, then this started. Any idea how to get button to find the USB mode again?

·
Registered
132 Posts
When pressing the mode button, it only selects either the radio or no tape? It was working fine 2 days ago, then this started. Any idea how to get button to find the USB mode again?
In for the fix. Mine did this too. It also won't charge my iPhone now. I fear it's demise.

·
Registered
913 Posts
This happened to me as well last month. I disconnected power to the MediaBridge for a minute and plugged it back in. Hasn't happened again yet.

·
Registered
390 Posts
I really want HD radio. Does anyone know why Dice stopped making the HD radio unit? I still listen to the local channels a lot.

I know I could get the Alpine HD radio and iPod with the Intravee setup, but that involves buying 3 boxes and no Bluetooth audio.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This happened to me as well last month. I disconnected power to the MediaBridge for a minute and plugged it back in. Hasn't happened again yet.
Unfortunately, this didn't work for me. Will try updating the firmware next.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Happened to me way once back when. I just unplugged the unit, let it sit for a bit and plugged it back in. Never happened since.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
430 Posts
Check your power connection in the trunk- I occasionally have this issue and found my spliced and taped up wire is not so good a connection- will get around to soldering it soon.
if thats all good, do a complete ininstall and reinstall including battery disconnect and ill bet that fixes it.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
check the connection at the mediabridge where the usb goes in - mine had enough play in it to not charge my ipod nor give me usb functionality
It wasn't an issue with the trunk power supply. I unplugged all the plugs on the main unit and plugged them back in and bingo, I'm back in business. Thanks everyone for your assistance.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
You cursed me! On my way to Phoenix it stopped working when I stopped to grab a sandwich. Unplug and replug and I was good to go again.

·
Registered
224 Posts
It wasn't an issue with the trunk power supply. I unplugged all the plugs on the main unit and plugged them back in and bingo, I'm back in business. Thanks everyone for your assistance.
I have to do this monthly and It's becoming quite annoying. Still no idea what causes it...

·
Registered
31 Posts
If you put on FM before shutting off car, that seems to work. Kinda of a PIA to remember. I was using the unplug trick daily. Now I have a RMA on my unit now. Won't update from web.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I have to do this monthly and It's becoming quite annoying. Still no idea what causes it...

Used to happen to me once a week, finally i checked for new firmware, updated it and no problems since(over 3 months). I think it was caused by I-bus overload which Mediabridge could not handle with the old firmware.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
The new firmware is great. It has effectively stopped the text on the screen from getting all garbled as well on my MY00 vehicle.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts