BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking on eBay for diagnostic software and found this. It's cheap which is scary but thought I would get some feedback from people who actually have invested in INPA, DIS, SSS software and cables. For me, I am not that interested in coding, but I want to be able to run the Vanos bleed process, set the SMG adaptations, as well as basic diagnostics. Below is the link, I would really appreciate the feedback.

BMCABLES.COM BMW DIAGNOSTIC CABLE KIT - BUY NOW

·
Registered
991 Posts
I was looking on eBay for diagnostic software and found this. It's cheap which is scary but thought I would get some feedback from people who actually have invested in INPA, DIS, SSS software and cables. For me, I am not that interested in coding, but I want to be able to run the Vanos bleed process, set the SMG adaptations, as well as basic diagnostics. Below is the link, I would really appreciate the feedback.

BMCABLES.COM BMW DIAGNOSTIC CABLE KIT - BUY NOW
I have exactly that, got the D-Can K-Line cable, so that I'm forwards compatible with the new stuff. Works well, new software installs automatically on my Win 7 machine easily. There is also a launcher program so it's one-click and you're desired program is up and running.

Easy, cheap, good product. Get it before they get sued too, like that other diag cable/software company.

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
I recently backed up my computer so I wiped it and now I cant seem to get my BMW software back up and running correctly, I will probably buy this product.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just bought this cable and software...so I will provide some feedback on it once I get it installed and running. If it's ok with the guys that have this setup I may PM you for some help using the software if you do not mind.

Hope you all had a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Bryan

·
Registered
161 Posts
Same here. Ordered this bmcable last week. Should have it soon and hoping to do some coding. Need to get rid of cold start heat cycle.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I emailed them if it would work on 2009 bmw m5, and they responded with ;YES the silver DCAN cable
huh interesting I even gave them my production date.

their website says under "DCAN (Silver Cable)"

Note2: This will work for BMW cars from 1991 to 2007 and some 2008 cars. This will not work on cars built from 2008 and newer cars (from when BMW started using a different protocol for communications)

So I don't know. I'll wait to see if 1hotM5 can get it running.

·
Registered
395 Posts
huh interesting I even gave them my production date.

their website says under "DCAN (Silver Cable)"

Note2: This will work for BMW cars from 1991 to 2007 and some 2008 cars. This will not work on cars built from 2008 and newer cars (from when BMW started using a different protocol for communications)

So I don't know. I'll wait to see if 1hotM5 can get it running.
Yup, i was confused when i read that toobut they emailed me cleary stating it works.. I will return it worse case

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Mines an 08 with a June 07 build date, so it is an LCI car. I was told it would work as well with the DCAN cable. We shall see!

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
I ordered on 12/15/14, no ship notice yet, no response to my cancellation e-mails, called credit card company to dispute charge will get my money in 2-days.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I ordered on 12/15/14, no ship notice yet, no response to my cancellation e-mails, called credit card company to dispute charge will get my money in 2-days.
That's bad news....I ordered 15 days after you,but I have not reached out to them. I did get a payment confirmation from PayPal, but nothing on shipping. I am going to give it a week and cancel if nothing changes. Thanks for sharing.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts