BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 143 Posts

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any interest in a DFW get-together?

I'm thinking either the weekend of 27JUL or 10AUG.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've actually had a couple of requests for 10 Aug so that works. I'm in Richland Hills close to Northeast Mall.

Will pm address in a minute.

dj

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I understand about Pagosa. I wanted to head out there but couldn't work it out.
It'd be great to catch some of the west coast E28 guys I know.

Be safe and take lots of pics. Maybe next time?

·
Registered
129 Posts
Likewise djazz. I was informed today that our inspection date in August may change again to other date, so I maybe out now. I'm planning to head south in my E28 to TX in Oct to 1st 5er's TexFest.
geo

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Sorry to hear. Work seems to always be getting in the way here too.

Sherman(1st 5er) may be up here for the fun. I'm waiting on him to set the date for TexFest. If it's the 18th, I'll be there too. (Working the other weekend)

Now I just need to get the M5 ready in between the ti swap project and son's eta that needs some tlc.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Count me in, as long as I'm not working. I work every other Saturday and both July 27th and August 10th are work days for me. Sounds like we need to get a few more committments and then we can pound out a date that fits?

KEEP IT CLEAN!:cool2:

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Understood, I have the opposite problem: working the other weekends. I'm stuck with this schedule, but it's usually not bad. Is it always that way or is it just the way it falls that month? I'm sure we can work something out for the next time.

With the out-of-towners, locals from this board, and other non-E39 friends there will be a good mix of people. Some I know, some I've never met. Depending on who brings what I expect anything bmw-wise, from an E12 or maybe an E21 to E60 or E92, and I wouldn't be shocked if a CTS-V or maybe Porsche showed up.

If anyone needs my address please pm me here or email without the 1's: 111djazz111at11sbcglobal.net111.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I'm located in Dallas near the Uptown area -- have an E60 IB M5.

I've seen a couple E60 M5s around but very few -- is there a local presence here?

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
I'm located in Dallas near the Uptown area -- have an E60 IB M5.

I've seen a couple E60 M5s around but very few -- is there a local presence here?
Yes, hello, ME! lol. :byebye:

I have an E60 M5. There are a few of us here in the DFW area, just all spread out that's all.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Sweet! Sick car, btw, just looking at your list of mods.

Any of you gents interested in a meet up? I'd like to find out about some nice driving roads -- or, alternatively, we could just cruise around.

Also, I'm digging the ZHP in your garage. I had a mystic blue zhp myself before the M5 :D

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ever make it to the Saturday morning meet held each month? There are usually a couple of E60 ///Ms there. Check out dfwautoclub.com.

Also https://www.facebook.com/NorthTexasBimmersClub and Lone Star BMW CCA.

There are miles and miles of fun roads around here. You just have to go far enough out to clear traffic. I usually head west but we occasionally just pick a direction and just try to get lost. And I check Motorcycle Roads | Motorcycle Roads and Rides | MotorcycleRoads.com to find new places to go.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
10Aug I'll fire up the grill at 2:00. We'll have plenty of parking, shade, and a/c.

All you need to bring are your BMWs and beverages. We'll have soft drinks and tea.

You can find me here:

I'd like to have a rough head count for the cook so please RSVP by pm here or email without all the 1's: 11djazz111at11sbcglobal.net111

·
Registered
90 Posts
Understood, I have the opposite problem: working the other weekends. I'm stuck with this schedule, but it's usually not bad. Is it always that way or is it just the way it falls that month? I'm sure we can work something out for the next time.

With the out-of-towners, locals from this board, and other non-E39 friends there will be a good mix of people. Some I know, some I've never met. Depending on who brings what I expect anything bmw-wise, from an E12 or maybe an E21 to E60 or E92, and I wouldn't be shocked if a CTS-V or maybe Porsche showed up.

If anyone needs my address please pm me here or email without the 1's: 111djazz111at11sbcglobal.net111.

My schedule is set too but thats fine, I'm sure it will work itself out, even if for a minute or two.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It would be great if you could make it, even for a few minutes. If nothing else, I'm hoping it's a nice day for everyone to get out for a drive.

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
If you change to July 27, I'll drive down from OK. None of you Texas lads going to Pagosa 9-11 August?
Drive 4 Corners BMW Meet | Desire to be Driven
geo
I'm going to try to make Pagosa.

It looks like the wife and K-9s are not going to make it.

If it works out I'll drive to my sisters house in Creede Colorado(about 60 miles from Pagosa Springs) on Wednesday the 7th(its about an 850 mile drive).

My mom,aunt, and cousin are driving up to Creede from Dallas on the 3rd(my aunt and cousin are driving down from Tennessee- recently my uncle died and I was unable to go to the funeral and this is a surprise trip I'm trying to make to see them).

I'll hang with my Mom,Aunt,cousin,sister and bro-inlaw and then do day trips to the events(I have never done any car events like this).

I will drive home to Dallas on the 8th or 9th(I have to work the 10th,11th,12th.

I would like to get together sometime and meet up with you locals.

:M5thumbs:

·
Registered
129 Posts
I'm going to try to make Pagosa.

It looks like the wife and K-9s are not going to make it.

If it works out I'll drive to my sisters house in Creede Colorado(about 60 miles from Pagosa Springs) on Wednesday the 7th(its about an 850 mile drive).

My mom,aunt, and cousin are driving up to Creede from Dallas on the 3rd(my aunt and cousin are driving down from Tennessee- recently my uncle died and I was unable to go to the funeral and this is a surprise trip I'm trying to make to see them).

I'll hang with my Mom,Aunt,cousin,sister and bro-inlaw and then do day trips to the events(I have never done any car events like this).

I will drive home to Dallas on the 8th or 9th(I have to work the 10th,11th,12th.

I would like to get together sometime and meet up with you locals.

:M5thumbs:
I'll roll into town about 6:00pm on the 9th. I believe most folks will arrive sometime on Friday. Tom has updated the event schedule on the website: Event Schedule | Drive 4 Corners BMW Meet

Next time I'm in the DFW area, I hope to meet up with a couple of the M5 folks. I plan to make TexFest this October and bring the E28. :wroom:

·
Registered
55 Posts
Mrclean888 I see that you're from Lewisville area. I'm from wichita falls but I have a relative that I visit pretty often in Lewisville. If you don't mind maybe I can meet up with you when I'm in the area.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Sorry to hear about your uncle. The Four Corners meet sounds like a great way to spend time with your M5, and more importantly, your family. The hardcore oldtimers I know out there are some of the best people you could meet. If you have fun, Sherman(1st 5er here) has a driving weekend event in October, TexFest: LoneStar Burgers & Fives. We'll be there for sure.

As long as there is interest I'll try to arrange things to get people together either eating, wrenching, or driving. I'm not an expert at any of it, except maybe the eating, but I have fun. And if anyone else wants to host something I'm all for that too. I know there are those that go to the Saturday Morning Meets, and they're a lot of fun but with my work schedule it's hard to make it.

We have six dogs btw.

Be safe.

1 - 20 of 143 Posts