BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I decided to take my in for a professional detail. I did a lot of research, visited multiple companies and finally decided on The Detailing Pros of Monterey. My wife and I watched them detailing cars at the Russo and Steele auction during the Concourse d' Elegance a few weeks ago. The work performed on those cars was great! I met with the owner, asked a bunch of questions about product, technique, time frame, and his abilities. He seemed to have all the right answers. I was told he would need my car for 1-2 days to do the job right. We settled on a price, not cheap!...and I dropped the car off Monday at 9am. I finally took my car back on Thursday at 6pm. It had not been cleaned and the interior hadn't been touched! The car actually sat outside for the entire 4 days. I found this out after speaking with the tire company next door. It was dirtier than when I left it! He had attempted to touch up some very small rock chips in my front bumper..... He sanded through the paint and made the rock chips in my bumper, hood, mirror and carbon fiber roof the size of a dime each. Now the only way to fix the mess that he made is to have the bumper, hood and mirrors repainted at a body shop. To his credit, he admitted to messing up and says he will pay to correct the damage.....here's hoping! The first estimate for repair was $1850! Needless to say....I will not be recommending the services of the Detailing Pros of Monterey!

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Such unfortunate news, Jeff! Your car will be looking new again soon!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts