BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have done some searching (not just a "black" keyword search folks :dunno:) on what the piano black trim or even just a black wrap may look like inside of the e39. I have seen some examples on the e60 AND I have seen the video from Bimmernav inside the e39 but it was not detailed enough to get an idea of what I want.

I really think I am going the "triple black" route (Jet/Heritage/black trim - maybe brushed aluminium shift knob, e-brake and pedals) but I am a little worried that I hear the piano black has some metallic fleck in it. I don't think I have ever seen a pic of the high gloss vinyl wrap.

So. . .anyone seen some pics or able to point me in a direction to investigate? Also - anyone know of a good tint/wrap place near Pittsburgh that they would recommend to use for this?

That is all . . .

///Mike

·
Registered
931 Posts

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
I wonder what a matte black vinyl wrap trim would look like, as it would go well with the matte dash components. I think gloss black is too, glossy.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Here you go:byebye:
That rear center console (fitted over the center hump) is very cool! I mean those comfort seats are one thing, but I'd LOVE to get my hands on that console!! Europe gets all the cool options :(

·
Registered
9,355 Posts
I wonder what a matte black vinyl wrap trim would look like, as it would go well with the matte dash components. I think gloss black is too, glossy.
It would look like crap! And glossy is good, you need something to break up the dash.

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
It would look like crap! And glossy is good, you need something to break up the dash.
I agree. If I had ended up with a wood-trimmed car, I was definitely going to paint the trim piano black. There has to be some separation and matte black just wouldn't do it, in my opinion.

Attachments

Reactions: ger

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This is great - thanks all!!!!

Mike

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Pretty cool, I'm a big fan of the gloss black interior trim...not as much a fan of the CF look wrap but it does look soooo much better than the wood, and its a great bang for the buck mod.

You guys beware of painting your wood trim, it has a thick lacquer on there that is prone to cracking some if it gets flexed, or dry with age, sun, etc...so, for example, if you pay a body shop to do a nice paint job on it, and lets say a year later you take it off to fix something and flex it (like pulling off the door trim), it could crack the lacquer and then therefore put a hairline crack in the nice paint finish, just a heads up...I had a bit of an issue with this on a X5 I had when the wood trim was painted.

Obviously this would not be a problem with the wraps over the wood.

I've been considering bringing some gloss black into the interior, but I'm still very happy with the job my body shop did on my trim (titanium silver with clearcoat like the exterior of the car).

Nice pics, that car with the tan interior and gloss black trim looks good. :biggrin: My friend with a Carbon Black/Caramel did his interior trim in carbon black like the exterior and did black floor mats too, really looks nice.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Yummy. I love piano black trim. Had it in my m3 vert and it looked soooo good!! Was this actually a trim option on the e39s or have they been custom done?

Attachments

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
Jet Black interior trim are custom jobs; never available on the E39.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts