BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Banned
2,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was on a country road in NC two nights ago and hit an animal of some sort. I didn't think much of it until I arrived at my buddys house and realized my bumper was destroyed.

Does anyone know where to get a used OEM M5 bumper or a good quality aftermarket?

Body shops around here suck and I would rather not pay my deductable and loose my car for a month while its at the body shop for a 1-2 day job. If anyone has one or knows where to find one please let me know

Ryan

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
I ended up getting a new OEM piece.

There wasn't enough feedback on the aftermarket ones to rish it. For a lot of them the after shipped cost was pretty close to what the dealer wants anyways.

Bob

·
Registered
196 Posts
I"m actually waiting for my bumper to arrive from DDMtuning. Alot of people who ordered had great reviews about it. The, best part is that they are actually selling it for under market price.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
I ended up getting a new OEM piece.

There wasn't enough feedback on the aftermarket ones to rish it. For a lot of them the after shipped cost was pretty close to what the dealer wants anyways.

Bob
As the poster below you said the DDM bumper at $175 plus shipping saves you a few hundred vs. the OEM bumper (almost $500 last time I checked).

·
Registered
9,355 Posts
I"m actually waiting for my bumper to arrive from DDMtuning. Alot of people who ordered had great reviews about it. The, best part is that they are actually selling it for under market price.
You should definitely make a thread once you get it installed. I'm considering getting a new one, should a visit to the body shop not take care of some issues.

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
My bumper was just under $400 picked up at the local dealership.

I get a discount because my aunt works there, but I know it's not that much. I want to say it wasn't much over $400, maybe $430?

Bob

·
Registered
12,398 Posts
The painting cost will dwarf the price difference of BMW versus 'who knows what'.

Unless we are talking $500, why screw with the aftermarkets- are all the grill retainer clips there, will the fogs mount perfectly, etc.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I actually just got one from the dealer about 3 weeks ago and paid $495 + tax for it. I was also looking at the DDM but wasn't to sure about it so I ended up getting OEM.

·
Registered
8,153 Posts
Exactly and the quality is not the same as OEM...:cheers:
The painting cost will dwarf the price difference of BMW versus 'who knows what'.

Unless we are talking $500, why screw with the aftermarkets- are all the grill retainer clips there, will the fogs mount perfectly, etc.

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
It does fit well, I was really worried that the paint was going to flake off like alot said it would.
NOPE! its stuck real good, I even took a hit on the highway dead center and survived with a nice gash(no crack or flaking paint).

I'm happy with it so far.

·
Banned
2,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
what one did you buy?

ryan

It does fit well, I was really worried that the paint was going to flake off like alot said it would.
NOPE! its stuck real good, I even took a hit on the highway dead center and survived with a nice gash(no crack or flaking paint).

I'm happy with it so far.

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
I bought it from the guy that seems to be the one who supplies it to most of them, the warehouse is right next to Gale Banks. I just happened to be visiting a friend there(GB) and he told me about them. I looked for the info but I can't find it

·
Registered
593 Posts

Does the one that come from the dealer painted?

Vic

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Does the one that come from the dealer painted?
No.

The aftermarket bumper is $175 plus shipping, and includes foglights, grille, etc.

The OEM bumper is $500 for JUST the bumper. Foglights are $125+ each.

Painting should be in the area of $400-$500 at a quality shop.

Reactions: Beasty5

·
Banned
2,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
No I was on a very dark road, i was doing about 70... I was pretty sure what ever I hit was dead. I wouldnt have been able to view the car if I had stopped

you hit an animal and didn't stop to see what it was, if it was dead or what it had done to the car? :confused:

·
Banned
2,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I ordered one from

http://www.ddmtuning.com/e36bumpers.html

The total was 202.00 shipped to my door. I will have to wait a few weeks for delivery which is fine buy me since i am so busy with work and travelling. After doing some research these are supposed to be very good quality and be a direct fit as they can be without being made by BMW. For 200 bucks i figured i would take a chance and see what happens.

Ryan

1 - 20 of 28 Posts