BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

81 - 100 of 221 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Funny that the e60 has come up 'cause every now and then I peruse the For Sale section. Check out this beauty:http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/cars-sale-wanted/309993-2008-bmw-m5-modded-alpine-white.html I have to say a tastefully modded e60 is super good looking!

I was just thinking about the next get together, is the octane and coffee every 2nd sunday? That would be this Sunday!
Yeah that definitely is one clean 60

Only problem is he's going to need a cash buyer at $52K..end of the book on that car is roughly $37K and I'm reasonably sure loan value is less than that.

These are the realities I have come to face and accept with the extended sale of mine

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
Yeah, could it be that he's thinking the mods justify the price? I don't know much, but mods don't necessarily increase the value of a vehicle, unless it;s like some old time rare *** vehicle.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Hey guys, any feelers for the next meet?

Missed this past weekend for Octane.

My Carrier bearing is making noise, so no country "cruises" for me. Trying to decide on replacing the just the carrier or go ahead and do the Guibo, DS, Carrier, & CV-(entire driveshaft.)

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
I don't think any of us showed up to the octane meet. WRT the next meet, the sooner the better! I met another e39 m5 owner that's part of the BMW CCA, will let him know when we meet again.

Edit: Like Ali said, I would just replace the whole enchilada!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Great pics and looks like a nice turnout of cars. That Saleen is still a headturner! Got anymore pics of that first GT-R your posted- the one with the brushed metal looking wrap?

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Great pics and looks like a nice turnout of cars. That Saleen is still a headturner! Got anymore pics of that first GT-R your posted- the one with the brushed metal looking wrap?

Sorry not many. Had to rush out because the fam wanted to get to the hotel and beach. My wife loved the snake skin on the Viper. The brushed metal one looks nice but to me it looked like it was going to get scratched easy.

Oh yeah, as I was leaving there were more cars coming.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Hey Diesel!

Two things!

1. How's the driveshaft project looking?
2. We doing a meet this Saturday?

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
Edit: Deleted.

I'm down for a meet if we can arrange one in time!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Doug,
Let me know if you guys get something together, I'm not making the mobile meet due to the timing of it and a friends' kid's bday party, so if you guys do something else let me know.

-Jeff

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
Jeff, will do! BTW, I'm getting real close to pulling the trigger on a Bilstein PSS kit, so if you're still willing/able to help that'd be awesome! I can provide food/beer/music :cheers:

Anyone else would be welcome to attend and watch my car be a guinea pig.

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
Gentlemen, mark your calendars for this event: 10 Nov, Cars and Coffee at Harborwalk in Destin, Sponsored by Porsche of Destin, 11 AM til ?? Seems like it is not limited to P cars.

We should all wash our cars, register and showcase our cars! It'd be nice to have a strong M5 showing :thumbsup:

·
Registered
89 Posts
I'll be out of town for cars and coffee, but Doug I'm absolutely willing to help w/ the suspension pieces! if you want some to talk about the suspension setup, I have a few miles on my PSS and got it set about where I want it. I'm extremely happy with it so far. Non of the harshness I've heard of (which i think rears it's ugly head when people go lower than Bilstein recommends). Let me know when the process begins!

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
Awesome man! I apprciate it. Will keep you informed.

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
Just pulled the trigger on a Bilstein PSS kit! :1:

Jeff, trying to convince the wife about going to Destin on Saturday for lunch. If you're available I can drop off the bra. Anyone else want to do lunch or join up? I'd be with the wife and kiddo so the "fun" driving will have to wait :3:

BTW, I'm also planning to be at the car show on 10 Nov...

..and then the F1 race at COTA on 17 Nov!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Didn't get notification of your post Doug, till just now. Stupid phone!

Can't wait to see the M on the new suspension. I will definitely be in attendance Nov10

81 - 100 of 221 Posts