BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

41 - 60 of 221 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Thanks everyone. Let me know of upcoming meets and I'll see if I can get down there. On a side note...is that Santa Rosa Mall in some of those pics? I haven't been there in a good 15 years..... Lol
Yup sure is.

Diesel - totally forgot.... Yep! I still have my E60. The longer it takes to sell her, the more I contemplate and try to rationalize ways of keeping her.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Do it!!!! If not part yours out and hook me up!!! lol :cheers:

·
Registered
140 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Panhandle meet #2

OK guys, let's try this again!

Saturday, Sept. 28th
8-8:30 meet @ ResortQuest, (35000 Emerald Coast Parkway, Destin Fl 32541) hang for a bit, then cruise to FWB for the Octane meet, and grab some lunch after @ the Swamp/Crab Trap.

Does anyone have thoughts on changes/suggestions for this meet? I was perfectly happy with the last turn out and think that will be good for this one as well. I would like to get a group to run out to the country store for lunch, as there are lots of nice roads to cruise, maybe we can discuss this for the 3rd meet.

-Matt 85o-687-755I not sure if I can PM yet, but dogochelo (at) Hotmail for anyone that wants to confirm.

·
Registered
140 Posts

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
Going to plan now to try and make this Saturday! Just returned from Miami and the ///M performed flawlessly! I consumed some oil on the way up on I-95 as there were some streches of highway where, let's just say, you could cruise at a nice clip. Today I had a nice blue Carrera S chasing me coming in to Tallahassee (not speeding, just cruising)..it was nice to have a wingman, lol!

·
Registered
140 Posts
You have better luck than I. I can't tell you the number of trips I have made between here and Tampa over the years and I have never encountered anything cool on the road.

But let me make that trip in my dually and all the toys come out. Lol

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
^ Lmao, you are not alone, everytime I drive in my wife's Volvo V40 wagon, seems like everyone is running around in their toys!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
OK guys, let's try this again!

Saturday, Sept. 28th
8-8:30 meet @ ResortQuest, (35000 Emerald Coast Parkway, Destin Fl 32541) hang for a bit, then cruise to FWB for the Octane meet, and grab some lunch after @ the Swamp/Crab Trap.

Does anyone have thoughts on changes/suggestions for this meet? I was perfectly happy with the last turn out and think that will be good for this one as well. I would like to get a group to run out to the country store for lunch, as there are lots of nice roads to cruise, maybe we can discuss this for the 3rd meet.

-Matt 85o-687-755I not sure if I can PM yet, but dogochelo (at) Hotmail for anyone that wants to confirm.

Only suggestion I have is, maybe meet some where a lil closer to FWB or Okaloosa Island. I only say this because I forgot his name but he drove all the way from Pcola. It just seemed like a alot of driving for him to get to Destin to only hang out for say 30-45mins then to drive back from where he came. Idk maybe he doesnt mind.

That's all.

Ill be there Saturday tho. :cheers:

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
Only suggestion I have is, maybe meet some where a lil closer to FWB or Okaloosa Island. I only say this because I forgot his name but he drove all the way from Pcola. It just seemed like a alot of driving for him to get to Destin to only hang out for say 30-45mins then to drive back from where he came. Idk maybe he doesnt mind.

That's all.

Ill be there Saturday tho. :cheers:
Thanks man, that's me, I appreciate it. I don't mind driving to hang out, as long as I plan ahead with the wifey! That said, I wont be able to make it tomorrow. Next time for sure! You guys dont get into trouble now! :hihi:

·
Registered
140 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
I know we just finished a cruise this afternoon..(some great roads btw Matt) trying to gauge some interest in possibly getting a group of us together this evening to ride out to the bayfront cruise-in in Pensacola

·
Registered
265 Posts
I know we just finished a cruise this afternoon..(some great roads btw Matt) trying to gauge some interest in possibly getting a group of us together this evening to ride out to the bayfront cruise-in in Pensacola

Fun cruise today, even with just a couple cars! Those are "secret" roads for a privledged few!

Awe man, I would be interested in the Pcola run, but have other plans. What time is it? and where? I will tell some buddies and they may ride out-

·
Registered
140 Posts
Folks don't really show around there till around 9-9:30

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
Looks like I missed out on a nice drive! Can't wait to play along next time. Phil, I am down to try and make the cruise tonite if you're willing...they dont show until 0930?? I can make that! Plus I did the next best thing, washed my car! Pics below. You can't tell from the pics but my clear bra is a bug stain disaster :crying: Any ideas on how to clean them off?

Attachments

·
Registered
140 Posts
Yeah, tween 9-9:30 and stay till around 11 or so. Just depends on turnout

If the bug stains are like a "ghosting" left behind, you can use a orbital or rotary -(if you know what your doing) and use a light rubbing compound on the area. That has worked with some success but I don't believing will go 100% away unless caught early

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
^ Nice shots!

Alright, I'm just gonna go and check it out. Is bayfront the road that Palafox turns into as you head toward the water? I'm assuming it's downtown?

41 - 60 of 221 Posts