BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
"...derived from the M5... "
Translation - Vaguely looks a little bit like roughly a sort of kinda shape kinda thing... umm... M5.

Ohh!! 192Bhp!! I have a good chunk of that total per rear wheel :hihi:

Ivan.

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This isn't as bad as claiming to be an M5, M5 replica, or M5 beater, but in what way is a normal 5-series derived from the M5, when the M5 production was later than the normal 5-series and at a different site?

·
Registered
395 Posts
I believe you could specify the 1996 model year 525 Sport with the M5 body kit and wheels (only 17"s I think). A mate had a Daytona Violet car which looked the part........I'm sure it was a sales pitch to sell off the last of the E34's. I'd expect these official 'fake' cars to be rare but this car isn't one of them!

·
Registered
200 Posts
The 525 Sports really aren't that bad (but i would say that as i downgraded from a 3.8 M5 to one) they do have a LSD, sports manual gearbox, the M-Tech bodykit, steering wheel and sports seats. People think that my car is an M5 even though it is completely debadged :

Miles

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The only thing I have a problem with is the statement that the car is "derived from the M5" - without saying in what way.

Maybe English isn't their first language and they meant to say "deprived form of the M5"?

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
????????????????????????????????????????????????

"body shape..sports/convertible"

And he`s warning about taking potential non buyers to court :1: :1: :1:

·
Registered
868 Posts
Steve Mac said:
????????????????????????????????????????????????

"body shape..sports/convertible"

And he`s warning about taking potential non buyers to court :1: :1: :1:

Tony...ask the owner of this automobile whether he saw Neil Armstong's foot prints? It looks as though its been to the moon and back.

·
Registered
757 Posts
AndyE said:
"the car is definately no slouch"

Subjective...

It DOES have an LSD, though (apparently)...
I had a 94 525 prior to "upgrading" to my current M5. I do remember when I advertised the car, that I did infact mention that the car had almost as much power as a Cosworth Sierra hiha

BTW, my 525 had more traction problems than my M5 :M5launch:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts