BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just spoke to my local dealer who is taking deposits for the m5 and m6,tells me they reckon the m5 will be sept 04 but no date on the m6 though he has taken a lot of deposits for it.
UK that is.

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
My dealer in Belgium is also taking firm orders for the E60 M5.

He wants EUR 6,000 upon placing the order and an additional EUR 12,500 when production begins. Is this reasonable?

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no,I have a £1000 (1500 euro)deposit and then when they know the prices usually 10% has to be paid. 6000 euro is a lot (£4000)

Be happy though because you will be paying a lot less than us brits. When has he suggested delivery times to you ?

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
He has promised me his first E60 M5 allocation slot.

No info yet on production or delivery dates. I am very tempted to go for it - in the end a couple of thousand more or less on the deposit will not affect the final price.

I may wait and see what a regular E60 looks like and how big the savings will be given the weak sterling rate at the moment.

When do the new non-M E60 5 series cars hit the showrooms?

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ashok..i was told normal 5s from sept/october with the m5 12 months later tho i have read it may be only 3-4 months.

I imported my current m5 but you do take a hammering if you try to part -ex them because they are imports ,so dunno if I will go that route again.

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
I take a major thumping 'cos I insist on driving left hookers :(

Oh well it's only money.....:biggrin:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts