BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well, I was inlvolved in a low speed (sub 20mph) accident where the car behind me was rear ended and pushed into my e36 ///M.

I was just wondering if anyone had any input on how this will affect my re-sale value and the structural integrity of the car. There may be slight frame damage, but it will be fixed through my insurance at a tag of about 5-6k acording to the body shop. The other driver had no insurance at the timegrrrrrrr Life will go on.

Any input from some fellow e36er's would be greatly appreciated.

Cameron

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
Any experienced buyer will notice the body repair and repaint. They will question the damage and this will almost certainly have some negative effect on the value. If the repair is done extremely well and you can prove that the damage was only superficial, the value will only diminish a little.

Tom

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm having the used car manager at BMW of Murray appraise the car before and after the fact. Then once the time comes to sell it I will look into deminishing value in my resale price. Thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
This is your insurance company right? If you want to push it, I would consider talking to them about diminished value... maybe they will cut you a check? Doubtful if it is your insurance, but you can try.

Now, if it is someone else's insurance, I'd say stick it to them!

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
If there is frame damage and the accident was not your fault, I would say try to get your car totaled and go for a new one.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts