BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello Guys

Sad news, tyson my trusted M5 touring is back in coma, has been there for 6 months now.
This time the reason is not mechanical...its financial, and it looks like its terminal.

He can no longer stay at my wrench, cant take care of him here in front of my door.
The Dutch breaker Offenga is considering a bid, but he has a bussiness to take care of and need to make a profit.

I would rather have the healthy parts of tyson be made available as a direct donor for transplants to this community.

I know I cant list those parts here, and adding them to the for sale section seems pointless.
A decision has to be made this week, so guys..use the PM for your inquiries.

with kind regards
Tamar

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Sorry to hear that :-(

What does Tyson need to get back on the road?

Seems a real pity to loose a Touring :-(

·
Registered
7,668 Posts
+1 above .

Let me know if I can help you out with any cheap bits .

As long as the chassis and engine are good , it seems a shame to dismantle her !

D

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Actually very little, there's a hole in the exhaust , new piece of pipe would cure that.
Engine wise he's healty, basic chassis as well. Most of the runninggear has been replaced in the last 2 years.
But with 438.000 on the clock, the bodywork is showing its daily use, a dent here, a dent there, asholes that attack your fornt and rear valance with a towhook.
And the interior has been well used over the last 17 years.

What tyson needs is a full respray and a good 2nd hand interior wich would set me back 4000 -5000 €

So as I said its economics that's cutting Tyson's live expextancy short, cause even in refurbished condition he still eats 150€ of gas every week.
And unfortunately I don't have the option of storing him somewhere while waiting for better financial times.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
I hear what you are saying but it seems like madness to consider breaking a car with 438,000km on it simply because the paintwork is a little tatty.

If all you need is a piece of pipe for the exhaust to be fixed then getting hold of this and putting the car back on the road has to be, imo, the only way forward.

The petrol cost issue is noted but if you work out the additional cost per week is reasonably easy to justify. Especially if you start factoring in depreciation into the cost equation of whatever you buy to replace Tyson.

To me its easier to justify keeping the car than parting it out.

Jon

·
Registered
7,668 Posts
I'd be interested in buying the M5 Touring complete and put her right .

p.m. me with details ...........

D

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Agree it would be a waste to break a touring. Sell her complete to David or a similar minded enthusiast who will see her on the path to righteousness again,

Good luck with the decision

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
I'd be interested in buying the M5 Touring complete and put her right .

p.m. me with details ...........

D
SuperOlias to the rescue !

David - if you end up going to Amsterdam to fetch Tyson, give me a shout and I'll happily be your passenger / helper.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
We can only stay in Amsterdam for a few days if we do , Jamie !
oh well, we'll have to manage somehow... I'd have to find some customers over there to justify a month long trip :rolleyes: :kaffe:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts