BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My waffling is over!! Put down a deposit on M60 M5, even though I think I am being an idiot (where in the hell am I going to drive it??). Nonetheless I am either 7 or 8 (the dealer belives one guy on the list might fold for a 645i conv). I was assured MSRP will be the only asking price (we'll see)

kinggf simmikie

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Good man. Hope you don't have to wait too long ;)

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
How many cars does the dealer expect to get?

I wasn't even aware there was a BMW dealer in that area. My brother-in-law's 540 had problems down there and he had to have it towed up here.

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
Congrats on the decision. :thumbsup: So at 7 or 8 on the list, does that put you into an 06 or an 07?

I am #1 on my dealers list although with canadian allocation probably thin, I am not sure when I actually could get a car besides I am not sure whether I want a first year model.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Depending on where exactly "down there" and "up here" are, we have a whooping 3 BMW dealerships in the Tidewater area of Virginia, and several 60 miles west of my location in Richmond.

simmikie

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well they don't have an official allocation as of yet, but they are thinking 9 cars for 05; which I believe to be highly optimistic. Realistically, I'm thinking later 06. I will opt for Spartanberg Delivery. 2006 delivery will be fine with me as it will allow me to accumalate some more points on my license and take my State Farm agent out for a few dinners!

simmikie

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
simmikie said:
Depending on where exactly "down there" and "up here" are, we have a whooping 3 BMW dealerships in the Tidewater area of Virginia, and several 60 miles west of my location in Richmond.

simmikie
down there being tidewater and up here being northern va..

·
Registered
816 Posts
simmikie said:
My waffling is over!! Put down a deposit on M60 M5, even though I think I am being an idiot (where in the hell am I going to drive it??). Nonetheless I am either 7 or 8 (the dealer belives one guy on the list might fold for a 645i conv). I was assured MSRP will be the only asking price (we'll see)

kinggf simmikie
Well done Simmikie! Did you put an order in in? Or is this a waiting list deposit, which is refundable? Most of us have put a "deposit" to be waiting in the queue. (I'm getting the M6. My dealer just told me their M6 list "has grown" following the release of the M5).

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
M6 Forever said:
Well done Simmikie! Did you put an order in in? Or is this a waiting list deposit, which is refundable? Most of us have put a "deposit" to be waiting in the queue. (I'm getting the M6. My dealer just told me their M6 list "has grown" following the release of the M5).
This is only, a right of 1st refusal (or in my case 7th or 8th refusal). The dealer feels that I could actually move up on the list as people for what ever reason drop off, as I mentioned earlier, one guy is seriouly looking at the 645i conv. They seem to be basing thier projected E60 M5 allocation on past allocations, and that is where they are coming up with 9 cars for 05. I doubt if they will see 4 cars for 05. The main thing for me is, is that I've made up my mind, and backed it with some action. The mental tug of war is over for me, though I still ask myself this question......where in the hell am I going to drive this car?

:cheers: simmikie

·
Registered
816 Posts
simmikie said:
This is only, a right of 1st refusal (or in my case 7th or 8th refusal). The dealer feels that I could actually move up on the list as people for what ever reason drop off, as I mentioned earlier, one guy is seriouly looking at the 645i conv. They seem to be basing thier projected E60 M5 allocation on past allocations, and that is where they are coming up with 9 cars for 05. I doubt if they will see 4 cars for 05. The main thing for me is, is that I've made up my mind, and backed it with some action. The mental tug of war is over for me, though I still ask myself this question......where in the hell am I going to drive this car?

:cheers: simmikie
Exactly, the "metal tug of war is over"! You asked where are you going to drive this car? Well, like Australia, America is a huge land mass, and while I'm not 100% familiar with your part of the woods, I'm 100% sure that there are plenty of roads to take the Launch Control out for a blast! Just the same, I live in a conjested city (I can't stand the city's infrastructure here), but hey ... there're a lot of motorways connecting all our states!

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
M6 Forever said:
Exactly, the "metal tug of war is over"! You asked where are you going to drive this car? Well, like Australia, America is a huge land mass, and while I'm not 100% familiar with your part of the woods, I'm 100% sure that there are plenty of roads to take the Launch Control out for a blast! Just the same, I live in a conjested city (I can't stand the city's infrastructure here), but hey ... there're a lot of motorways connecting all our states!
Hey M6 Forever,

I hope you are right, that I can find somewhere to "let her scream"!! I remember back in '85 when I was in my 20's, I had accumalted enough tickets, that I was 1 point from losing my license and my insurance rates had increased to the point that I sold my 318i and drove a 70's something VW Bug for over 2yrs!

One of the things I am glad is over for me is the question of to mod or not to mod an E39 M5, exceptional as they are. With the E60 M5 the performance is so beyond anything I'll ever master, the only mods I will seek right away is V1 and Lidatek!!

:noSMG: simmikie

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
simmikie said:
Hey M6 Forever,

I hope you are right, that I can find somewhere to "let her scream"!! I remember back in '85 when I was in my 20's, I had accumalted enough tickets, that I was 1 point from losing my license and my insurance rates had increased to the point that I sold my 318i and drove a 70's something VW Bug for over 2yrs!
Yeah, that sounds familar. I managed to get 23 points on my license, which is way beyond what you are supposed to be able to get before being suspended.

Just stay off 64... but I am sure you know that. Your area is tough, alot of cops down that way. 81 could be fun! And sections of 95.

Good list of planned mods.... think I have to join you on that one!

·
Registered
20 Posts
vndkshn said:
Yeah, that sounds familar. I managed to get 23 points on my license, which is way beyond what you are supposed to be able to get before being suspended.

Just stay off 64... but I am sure you know that. Your area is tough, alot of cops down that way. 81 could be fun! And sections of 95.

Good list of planned mods.... think I have to join you on that one!
I drive down to visit my brother in NC every thanksgiving, and the M5 loved it last year :noSMG: those VA cops on 81 are tricky, and very sneaky though. Needless to say I had it over 100 any chance I had kinggf. I can't wait to make the trip with the E60 M5:2:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts