BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Does anyone know of a nice steering wheel cover that won't bulk up the OEM wheel too much? I looked at wheelskins bc I love their covers, but they don't have 1 specifically for the M. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks for your time.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bc i bought it used and the leather that's on it is starting to peel, etc. I just want to preserve the OEM-ness (lol) of it a little longer.

Ita not like I really need one. Just wanted to keep oils, etc off of the leather. Wheelskins makes very good wheel covers, but they don't for the M.

That's y I asked if anyone knew of an option. If there isn't one then that's fine. Just wanted to pick fellow members' brains. Each 1 teach 1.

·
Registered
648 Posts
I know that it is not your question, but I would suggest using a leather cleaner then conditioner. I did this as part of the seat and trim cleaning. If you decide to recondition rather than wrap memeber 20Ducks (Greg) is a great resource as to which product to use. I used both Zaino and Leatherique. Leatherique is a bit of a process, but the leather really felt great afterwards.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I just leatherique'd the whole interior the other week lol. I'm also a Zaino fan also. All I use on my Supra. Like I said the wheel isn't horrible I just wanted to cover it with something minimal of they made it.

It looks like they don't so I'll just keep it conditioned with leatherique from time to time and 303 aerospace product, which is an awesome product also. I'm a detailing fan lol.

·
Registered
804 Posts
I honestly found that using a damp micro fiber cloth cleans the steering wheel better than anything else. Occasionally I'll use a smidge of dish soap if it's really bad, but I'm pretty anal about my steering wheel to the point where I was my hands 3/4 times before I get in the car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts