BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
4,338 Posts
Not only value, but the total number of people that will consider the car as-is.

This thread brought my attention to something interesting, it looks like the price of catalytic systems has dropped (or are currently at a deep discount). For the S62 I recall systems being no less than $2,000+ per side, current price $1,504.19.

For the the E60:
  • primaries (catalyzed manifolds) are $1,302.94 per side
  • secondary $1,447.70 per side
-there's a $50 core charge per piece

If selling to a Californian that's a $5701.28 difference before sales tax

·
Registered
284 Posts
Considering how cheap these things have gotten now anyway, I've thrown all thoughts of resale value out the window.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Unless you find someone who wants one that's been decated then yes it will hurt the value but I doubt it will make a huge difference unless your car is otherwise 10/10 with low miles or something. That being said I kept all my stock exhaust parts in case I ever sell mine or if for some reason I wanted to go back to stock.

·
Registered
253 Posts
But I think it depends on how you decat it. If you do the type where they weld V-bands and lets you easily swap the cats I think it's has an appeal to it.

Same for the secondary cats, I still have mine stored away and can be swapped back with some exhaust clamps easily.

·
Registered
6,075 Posts
Considering how cheap these things have gotten now anyway, I've thrown all thoughts of resale value out the window.
:LOL: :ROFLMAO: :LOL: Agreed! Unlikely to sell my e60.
With that said, I still have my v-band cats.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, I was asking both ways, not just if it would lower the value but could it increase it? People were paying good $$$ to have their cars decatted.

·
Registered
6,075 Posts
I think it depends on where a buyer is located.

·
Registered
579 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
The strides electric cars are taking, I don't know if these will ever resell for any value haha.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
since I go the track a lot I had mine decatted If the cats fail from excess fuel (tuning) or overheating it could hurt motor ,
I have branded title on my Copart special though. So it does not matter on resale

1 - 14 of 14 Posts