BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
How do you guys do the debadge process? I don't want to debadge mine, but the badge is not placed like it should from factory so I guess someone has debadged before and been really drunk when they put it back on ^^

·
Registered
631 Posts
How do you guys do the debadge process? I don't want to debadge mine, but the badge is not placed like it should from factory so I guess someone has debadged before and been really drunk when they put it back on ^^
Heat gun or hair dryer and floss or fishing string (or something similarly strong and thin) will do the trick. You can remove any leftover adhesive with goo gone or some other mild adhesive remover.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Perfect :) just wanted to be sure there wasn't something special to our beasts :D what adhesive is it best to use when putting it back on? Is it double sided 3m "foam" tape or can it be ordered to fit the letters from BMW maybe?

·
Registered
631 Posts
Perfect :) just wanted to be sure there wasn't something special to our beasts :D what adhesive is it best to use when putting it back on? Is it double sided 3m "foam" tape or can it be ordered to fit the letters from BMW maybe?
I just used the generic 3M red tape (thin double sided foam) and cut it to shape. If you order new letters from BMW they'll have adhesive on them. But if you want to reuse the ones you have just remove all the old adhesive before putting the new on. You can also order just the stripe sticker to freshen your badge up if you don't want to replace the whole thing.

·
Registered
991 Posts
We live in a bit of a vacuous society as BMW freaks - but realize that badging or not - most of the general public has no freakin clue what an M5 is anyways. And that's kinda how I like it anyways.

·
Registered
22 Posts
The only reason an M5 might be construed as "slow" is the 4 doors......the rest of the car just means plain BUSINESS! De-badging this car wont make a bit of difference.....have you LOOKED at the rear end of the beast lately? smiles......just plain mean! :) If the dual pipes and wide stance don't give you away I guess the little M5 Badge will? smiles.....leave it on IMHO!

Attachments

41 - 47 of 47 Posts