BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

What to replace one of my VW with?

• "Take it easy cowboy" pick up an E46 330xi and enjoy the S2.

Votes: 9 52.9%
  • "You only live once" get another E39 M5 as a DD and double your fun!

Votes: 8 47.1%
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok Ok... so many of you that know me know that I may just be as crazy as you. kinggf But now Im starting to think I am. Here is what I am thinking.

I currently have 3 cars.

1. DD - Land Rover LR3 (Wife's)
2. DD - VW Passat Wagon
3. BMW E39 M5

Now.. I am thinking of selling the VW Passat Wagon and picking up an E46 330xi but... tonight I got to thinking. Should I just go ahead and pick up another E39 M5? The prices are insane out there... 12k -15k cars! I figured... hell.. I could buy another E39 M5 for a DD... why not right?

·
Registered
782 Posts
The 330i Is a great car, Its good on gas, compared to an M5 that is. You will appreciate your M5 more when you drive it... Oh you will appreciate your 330 when you repair it. :)

Cheers,
Rhino

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
I'm confused. Do you need all wheel drive? If so, then it seems that an M5 wouldn't be a good solution. If not, then why a 330xi?

The E46 is a good chassis.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Why not just trade the M5 for the E46. :haha:

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
E60 525xi wagon :D

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was thinking the same thing, what do you need to accomplish with your DD?
I dont NEED awd but it would be really nice. The winters in eastern WA can be not so friendly but I have driven an M5 in the snow before and they don't do that bad.

Im leaning towards geting a 330 as it will make me appreciate my M5 more. Next on the list is a track car or Porsche anyway... :byee55amg

·
Registered
323 Posts
Wrong answer...........well kind of . Definetely cant have enough M5,s, but ........Get rid of the Land Rover..................most over rated, over priced pile of C- - - P from over here.

Has it broken down yet.............or whats stopped working/ fallen off ?

If the answer is nothing its a miracle, defo get rid as its well overdue. .......

Replace with 4.8 iS X5.............

Thats what I think..............

Regards

Nat.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I voted for you to get a second M5. :1:

If it was me? I'd go with the 330ix. We seldom need AWD in NC, but you can't beat it when things get slippery! I grew up in upstate NY and I must have been traumatized as a kid from getting stuck in the snow. I like 4 wheel drive, but love AWD in a DD.

·
Registered
732 Posts
I am looking at a 330xi for my wife, mainly because MN winters....well they are MN winters haha, not fun to say the least. We were looking at X5's but we do not need the space and we like to travel by car, so it would be nice to have ONE car the gets over 30 MPG on the hwy. If you can stand not going with a xi and go the i route, you will get a few more MPG as well as a little less maintenance due to having AWD, and you can get a 330i ZHP, which is still on my list of "to own yet" cars.

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Wrong answer...........well kind of . Definetely cant have enough M5,s, but ........Get rid of the Land Rover..................most over rated, over priced pile of C- - - P from over here.

Has it broken down yet.............or whats stopped working/ fallen off ?

If the answer is nothing its a miracle, defo get rid as its well overdue. .......

Replace with 4.8 iS X5.............

Thats what I think..............

Regards

Nat.
I love the X5... a bit to small for a family car imop. The Land Rover has been ok until now. But... I will be replacing that after I replace the VW. The VW has been worse than the Land Rover for maintenance thats for sure. Typical VW & Audi POS. :7:

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
I have just the answer, you have far too much money for yourself, and to make yourself feel better, you should just get a Prius and fund my trackday obsession with the rest of the money! In all seriousness, I wouldn't get another M5 as you might like the way it drives over the one you have now, and that may create a dilemma! It would for me I know that much. Get a 330i and some winter tyres for the slippy times.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts