BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
God,

I know you're extremely busy up there, but I need your help. I will finish my year-long tour of duty in 48 days in this hell-hole you affectionately named S. Korea. I've been contenplating what my first mod will be when I actually get to drive my car (besides the RPI scoops and plates). I thought I had decided to pick up some HREs on eBay, but some douche outbid be with 11 seconds left. I haven't really settled on rims yet, so I've turned my focus to an exhaust system. I have watched 127 videos on youtube showcasing the different manufactures products. I'm sick of watching them. i know what you're gonna say; "hear them in person and then make your choice". Sorry, but my car is in Wichita Falls, TX--and from my calculations, the only M6 in town. I wished I lived in SoCal, where all the shops are, and most of the owners seem to be (no offense to Ajax and Dan, or MiamiSixer). Well, with your grace, I'll be home in 48 days and I'll have 10 days to drive my car before they ship it out to HI for our move. SO, long story short, I want something waiting for me when I get home, ready to install, so I can get it ready to ship. Unless you drop $8,500 from the sky, Kreissieg is not gonna happen. That leaves me with the two choices that most on this board have had to choose from, after all the posts I've read. RPI or TUBI. Make no mistake, I want an F1 kinda sound. I don't want my car to sound like a V-8 Mustang. I want it to sound like a V-10. I want the RPI horsepower increase. Does the RPI sound exotic enough to distance itself from all the American muscle? That's the big question. I know the HP is there. Please help me make a choice Big Guy... And if you can get either company to throw in a military discount, I'd appreciate it too!!!;) Well, thanks for listening and any advice would be epic!

Sincerely,

Deadgame

·
Registered
7,038 Posts
I am not god but I might be able to help you choosing an exhaust.

Please consider the following:

1) The HP gains from any exhaust are minimal. So little infact that the buttometer would not even register the gain.

2) The RPI exhaust is perhaps the exhaust that will give you the highest HP gains. Does it also make an F1 like sound? I am not sure.

3) IMHO! The exhausts that truely give you the F1 like sound are Kreissieg, Tubi and Eisenmann. And I would rate them in the same order.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Hasan. I just wonder if the tone difference is worth the extra $1,800 (the extra cost of the Tubi w/ the xpipe)...

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh I value the tone! I just think the American military might pay me a little less than what you have as disposable income... Thanks for the opinion my friend!

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I understand what you are saying my friend.

How much is the Eisenmann comapred to the RPI?

Looks like I can get the Eisenmann section 3 for about the same price I can get the RPI WITH sections 1, 2, and 3 for.

The Eisenmann is $500 less than the Tubi BTW.

·
Registered
7,038 Posts
There is a company in Germany by the name of Reuter Motorsport. They also provide exhausts.

The thing is, their exhausts are manufactured by Eisenmann. Therefore, the quality and shound is just as good and the options available are also the same. Try to contact them directly, or if you want, I can get you a contact. You can get this exhaust for much less than the Eisenmann and enjoy the same build quality and sound.

Contenido - BMW-Katalog - Auspuff

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
There is a company in Germany by the name of Reuter Motorsport. They also provide exhausts.

The thing is, their exhausts are manufactured by Eisenmann. Therefore, the quality and shound is just as good and the options available are also the same. Try to contact them directly, or if you want, I can get you a contact. You can get this exhaust for much less than the Eisenmann and enjoy the same build quality and sound.

Contenido - BMW-Katalog - Auspuff

AHHHH!!! Another choice!!!:crying: I'll try to pull up some sound clips...

·
Registered
704 Posts

·
Registered
4,512 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Im in the same predicament you are in... trying to choose an exhaust that I like.
I was in love with the eisenmann exhaust note upon watching the youtube exhaust videos.

I believe that I will ultimately go with RPI, and here is why:

Eisenmann exhaust are strictly mufflers and change the sound for about $3,000.
RPI offers a full 3 section gt exhaust system at the same price, that claims to provide most hp gain from strictly changing only the exhaust.
Plus the sound isnt anything to turn your nose up at...

So basically your deciding between a 1 section exhaust vs. 3 section exhaust for the same price..

That may sound ignorant, but thats how I see it.

I want and need the most bang for my buck.

·
Company Representative of RPI Power
3,394 Posts
The RPi system does not sound like American muscle. I definitely do agree with you it's hard deciding with just videos though. It's especially hard when videos don't have multiple exhausts in the same video, so you can get a comparison.

We make no apologies for being a performance first company. We always test (and test and test and test) to maximize total power throughout the RPM band before making adjustments to the product to fine tune sound. This being said, I think you'll be pretty happy if you're looking for that higher pitched "f1-like" scream at high RPM's.

·
In Memoriam
2,398 Posts
People,

This subject has been discussed so many times.

Let's make something clear once and for all.

There are nice sounding EXHAUST MUFFLERS and there are some serious EXHAUST SYSTEMS that not only sound good but also deliver substantial horsepower gains and not minimal like my friend Hasan said.

Unless 15-20 whp is considered minimal.

RPI GT, Akrapovic Evolution and Kreissieg are THE BEST POWER SYSTEMS.

All the rest have very nice sounds and I would dare to say that Tubi is the best sounding exhaust.

Take your pick.

But please leave GOD out of this. HE does not deserve to be called upon an exhaust choice.

George

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
People,

This subject has been discussed so many times.

Let's make something clear once and for all.

There are nice sounding EXHAUST MUFFLERS and there are some serious EXHAUST SYSTEMS that not only sound good but also deliver substantial horsepower gains and not minimal like my friend Hasan said.

RPI GT, Akrapovic Evolution and Kreissieg are THE BEST POWER SYSTEMS.

All the rest have very nice sounds and I would dare to say that Tubi is the best sounding exhaust.

Take your pick.

But please leave GOD out of this. HE does not deserve to be called upon an exhaust choice.

George

Maybe I'll ask God for the same job you have, so I can afford to get them all!:M5thumbs:

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
The devil says: "Get the Tubi Rumoré, trust me!"

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
I know this is all meant light heartedly, but let's keep references to God out of the thread as there is an overall Board prohibition against discussing religion (and some members might view some of the posts as a bit disrespectful to their beliefs). I don't want to see this thread taken off track - it's about exhausts.

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Noted, and Ajax's post has been edited to conform.

Reactions: Mark Carson

·
Registered
7,038 Posts

I respect what you said George. But, I shall still keep my opinion. :goldcup:

We are all entitled to our opinions. :grinyes:

1 - 20 of 43 Posts