BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hahahahahhaahahahhahahahaha. Unless I am REALLY wrong, it took me all of five minutes after the belt was delivered from PACBMW to get the old one off and install the new one. This was on my 540. Anyone know something different?:haha:

·
Registered
694 Posts
I'll post a reply since nobody else did...lol :1:

I think that you did great, and I award you the DIY King of Kings! kinggf

Maybe the dealer thought you wanted them to manufacture the belt and THEN install it? :confused2 :p

·
Registered
12,398 Posts
Ocean's M5 said:
I'll post a reply since nobody else did...lol :1:
I couldn't figure out if he was talkiing about a belt he did on a 540 in the past, or a belt on the M5....

Seems like he was asking "is the M5 belt as easy to change as the 540 belt?"

???

·
Registered
252 Posts
ALEV8 said:
hahahahahhaahahahhahahahaha. Unless I am REALLY wrong, it took me all of five minutes after the belt was delivered from PACBMW to get the old one off and install the new one. This was on my 540. Anyone know something different?:haha:

Alev8,
I think I beat you! I got quoted $275 for my belt to be replaced.hahaha.

:cheers:

Eddie.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've yet to meet an M5 owner that I thought was stupid, at the dealership even! SO WTF? There must be a "sucker threshold" with some service writers. I didn't get to use my normal guy and some stand in helped me. Maybe normal BMW owners don't check prices on parts?

·
Registered
12,398 Posts
My secretary asked me about a quote for her 735. It was showing low coolant.

Shop quoted her $600 for 'new hoses' and $148 for a new thermostat... I told her to check another shop. her husband said "nah, you want to use a BMW dealer for that kind of work"

OK

:)

·
Registered
241 Posts
Ummm.. has anyone changed an engine belt on an M5 and is it easy to do? i think the recommended interval is 60000 miles?

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
...you are correct and my M5 has 37000 miles on it, most of it in a cool climate where rubber lasts longer!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts