BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up my M5 back from the dealer -- was the final switch issue with the fan. But, I noticed that almost 8 miles were put on the car from when I dropped it off to when I picked it up. Is this something I should call and complain about or should I just mind my own business and not stir the pot? I'm more worried about abuse on the clutch than anything else -- you guys have any thoughts? :confused2

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
You can always politely ask why the extra miles. When I take either of my BMW's in to the shop they always do a walk around for body damage prior to checking the car in. Also, they do right down the mileage, but not sure what it will get you??
Glad the AC is working!!!! :cheers:

·
Registered
57 Posts
rodman31 said:
You can always politely ask why the extra miles. When I take either of my BMW's in to the shop they always do a walk around for body damage prior to checking the car in. Also, they do right down the mileage, but not sure what it will get you??
Glad the AC is working!!!! :cheers:
that can be a usaul thing.. i know my dealership has a quality control crew that does test drives to make sure everything is ok.. sometimes you might not feel anything wrong , but a tech might see worn bushing bearing etc.. so that might take a few miles to determine if you are ok or if they see something you should be aware of.. i myself would not worry about it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts