BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was hoping to move from my E46 M3 to a new M5 next July. A dealer I was talking to told me that in the US, all cars are spoken for until 2007 and that BMWNA will only lease the cars and not sell them given the high M lease costs.

Is it really that bad?

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Given the number of people on the lists of the dealers I've spoken to, if nobody dropped off, they probably would account for the next 2 - 3 years allocations. But lots of people will drop off when their turn comes, either due to change of circumstances, cold feet, or because they're on more than one list. My guess is at least 25% attrition rate.

The part about BMW only leasing the M5 is pure BS. The dealer wants to make money on your lease. Every time I buy a car I have to spend too much time telling the dealer that no, I do not want a loan, and no, I do not want to lease. Financing/leasing is a profit center for the dealers. I suggest finding another dealer since yours clearly lied to you.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
m_five said:
Given the number of people on the lists of the dealers I've spoken to, if nobody dropped off, they probably would account for the next 2 - 3 years allocations. But lots of people will drop off when their turn comes, either due to change of circumstances, cold feet, or because they're on more than one list. My guess is at least 25% attrition rate.

The part about BMW only leasing the M5 is pure BS. The dealer wants to make money on your lease. Every time I buy a car I have to spend too much time telling the dealer that no, I do not want a loan, and no, I do not want to lease. Financing/leasing is a profit center for the dealers. I suggest finding another dealer since yours clearly lied to you.
Thanks. I figured as much on the lease issue. I paid cash for my M3 (from a different dealer) since the the lease costs were so extortionate. BMWNA seems to think that M buyers are all rich, price insensitive morons. I have not had a dealer flat out lie to me though... I will approach a different dealer.

·
Registered
537 Posts
I called Russel BMW in Maryland spoke to Roy Dennis 410-818-3311 on 8/15/05. i wasnt on any wait list. Apparently their wait list was just a list of telephone numbers no deposits so there is no hirearchy.

I believe he has 2-3 more available for calendar year 2005 deliveries.

Hal

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hal2000 said:
I called Russel BMW in Maryland spoke to Roy Dennis 410-818-3311 on 8/15/05. i wasnt on any list and paid $5k over msrp.

I believe he has 2-3 more available for calendar year 2005 deliveries.

Hal
Wow. Great intel. Thanks very much. What color did you order?

·
Registered
537 Posts
NYCM3 said:
Wow. Great intel. Thanks very much. What color did you order?
First the Silver..then on the 16th yesterday , i said that i wanted the interlagos blue. I know a bit more flashy but If i really wanted to stay low key i would debadge it which iha ve no intention to do

·
Registered
537 Posts
If anyone wants his cell phone number just PM me

I fogot to mention .. Im paying cash I have no intention to finance, lease and etc

1 - 7 of 7 Posts