BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At what point will dealers in the US start taking orders for a new M5? I know you can get on a list for Ferrari and Lambo years before....

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Very different process with bmw than with a ferrari. With ferrari, if they'll sell you a car, you can wait perhaps years for production, but I believe that is you as purchaser. With BMW, you can't preorder a car until the car is released publicly and available for order at a dealership. Now there may be dealers that keep lists and take a placeholder deposit(though not authorized by bmw) for the opportunity to place an order once available, but its not the case that you can order today and take delivery next year when the car is released. Bmw sells as many as it can and produces based on that concept, while ferrari builds as many cars as it can, and if you're lucky, you'll get a production slot

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Very different process with bmw than with a ferrari. With ferrari, if they'll sell you a car, you can wait perhaps years for production, but I believe that is you as purchaser. With BMW, you can't preorder a car until the car is released publicly and available for order at a dealership. Now there may be dealers that keep lists and take a placeholder deposit(though not authorized by bmw) for the opportunity to place an order once available, but its not the case that you can order today and take delivery next year when the car is released. Bmw sells as many as it can and produces based on that concept, while ferrari builds as many cars as it can, and if you're lucky, you'll get a production slot
Thanks for the info--I have had a few Ferrari's and know how they work, but was curious about the BMW. I was going to start modding my current M5, but thought about holding off and ordering a new one....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts