BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a text from a friend at the dealer last week that they would have a pre-production X6 in today. Totally forgot about it until I went there with a dead CSL battery this afternoon, and was waved into the showroom.

Impressions: Long, big waste of space. Front is comfy, rear is small. I like the rear centre console and seperate seats, but headroom is just too limited in the back. The car looks smaller and better IRL than it does on pictures. It's definitely a new nice, as nothing really compares.

(I still can't help thinking PRIUS every time I see the roofline.....)

Although I like it MUCH better then in the pics, gimme an X5 over this any day!

·
Moderator Emeritus
10,698 Posts
A good friend saw it at the show and he said the same thing: rear space is much too tight for adults and the trunk is non existent. As time as passed I am souring on it.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
I couldnt agree more, rear head room is insufficient for adults. I'm 6'2 and wouldnt want to sit there at all. My fiancee is 5'4, she had no issues. I figure small people or children are all the back seat is useful for. Does look really nice though.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Drove a '04 Cayenne S for 4 years and 60K+ miles. Impressive offroad, great handling and power on road, a bit stiff in the suspension, but cargo capacity was lacking. Current X5 4.8i much better than Cayenne S.

I wouldn't even consider an X6, seems like an overstyled and functionally lacking vehicle. Too much to sacrifice in the interests of style, IMHO.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
A good friend saw it at the show and he said the same thing: rear space is much too tight for adults and the trunk is non existent. As time as passed I am souring on it.
what? the trunk is pretty large actually

·
Registered
40 Posts
The looks are polarizing. Personally I love it from certain angles.
Considered the M version until I sat in the driver's seat and knew instantly that the rear visibility would never do.

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
I prefer the look of the X5 more, but I tend to like a more conservatively styled car. However, I have never driven the X6, and a friend of mine who has driven both has told me that the X6 feels closer to the ground and handles better than the X5 (which I absolutely love). Haven't sat in the X6 M, but I sat in a X5 M, which just felt a bit awkward for me. Something about having all that power yet being so high off the ground just doesn't sit well with me. However, I can't really confirm this feeling until I get to take one for a spin.

afc1

1 - 8 of 8 Posts