BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife just got me a Dinan exhaust for my birthday.. :) Pretty suprised by it... She got it from local BMW dealer and the dealer said it is an easy install and "only takes 2 hours to install". I've installed a number of dual exhausts in suboptimal conditions with crap tools & crap jack and I can't think of it ever taking more than 45 minutes. Using a lift and power tools I would think I could get any pre-fit exhaust installed in 25 minutes.

/rant..

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
My wife just got me a Dinan exhaust for my birthday.. :) Pretty suprised by it... She got it from local BMW dealer and the dealer said it is an easy install and "only takes 2 hours to install". I've installed a number of dual exhausts in suboptimal conditions with crap tools & crap jack and I can't think of it ever taking more than 45 minutes. Using a lift and power tools I would think I could get any pre-fit exhaust installed in 25 minutes.

/rant..
According to Dinan website, the installer could charge up to 3hrs for installation. So, 2hrs for labor isn't that bad. Of course, it definitely take less than 2 hrs for bold-on, but remember it required a cutting and that may take a little longer.

·
Registered
386 Posts
The stock mufflers have to be cut off and the DINAN mufflers will clamp on to the piping. This is not a complete exhaust system, just mufflers, so you have to cut.

Very simple install and should take no more than an hour.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh damn. So do any of the exhausts merely just bolt on so I can remove at a later date and return to original - like Eisenmann/etc???

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,823 Posts
In my case, the most time-consuming part of the install was adjusting the height and depth of the exhaust so that both sets of tips appear uniform. This required the heating and bending of the support brackets. Two hours is a reasonable allowance.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Dealer exhaust install charge

I must have got lucky,a buddy and I removed old and installed new Dinan in less than an hour.The dealer wanted 800 dollars to do it on a lift.By the way I'am sure we could re-install stock in about 30-40min.It was way to easy to pay the dealer for.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
anyone here in Dallas/Plano/Frisco have access to a lift that wants to help me put it on this weekend?

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
just go to any local muffler shop they'll do it for $80-$100 !!
Try one of the Ken's Muffler locations in Dallas. They've installed and removed headers and exhaust systems for me.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts