BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dealer has had the audacity to try to charge for mats in the M5! On top of this he has added a charge of £557.00 for "on the road pack"- what on earth does this relate to? Then "Diamond Brite" £295.00- apparently keeps the paint like new. Then road fund licence/fuel/1st registration fee- £165, £25 and £38 each.

Is this all normal or he is really extracting the urine here?

Phil

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
dealer profit center. avoid all dealer - added wax, undercarriage, "processing fees", floormats, etc. those typically carry 75-80% profit.

alex
few cars

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Sounds like a rip-off Phil. Which dealer is it?

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
turton said:
I don't think that is the side of your body you should be worrying about... sounds he is just throwing sand on the situation to increase your discomfort...

Did you opt for the Diamond Brite stuff? And I would hammer him with the "on the road pack" junk...

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
Sounds like they are just trying to pad their pockets a bit, hoping you wont notice. Dont take that crap from them, as it is all fluff, not necessary, and pure profit for the dealership.
:cheers:

·
Registered
703 Posts
that seem like a very good way to start a very bad relationship between a dealer and a customer, at least in my case it would...

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
I'm dying to know what's in the "on the road pack" :D?????? :confused2 ouich

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
turton said:
My dealer has had the audacity to try to charge for mats in the M5! On top of this he has added a charge of £557.00 for "on the road pack"- what on earth does this relate to? Then "Diamond Brite" £295.00- apparently keeps the paint like new. Then road fund licence/fuel/1st registration fee- £165, £25 and £38 each.

Phil
This is the 'paint protectant' scam that US dealers will still try to run on people that don't know better. "Diamond Brite" is nothing more than a synthetic polish that you can buy at your local auto shop. God knows what the other stuff is.

This is a bad dealer - I would tell them you won't pay for anything you didn't order. I'd also stay away from them after this. Good luck.

·
Registered
776 Posts
turton said:

Phil
Only pay for what you order! Mats should be included in every car!
Ripoff!

KIP

·
Registered
49,476 Posts
Oh my... Request a receipt and report on these things and why they "bundle" this to you and then write BMW HQ.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
A bit the same here in Denmark

Floor mats - not standard
DVD for Navsat - not standard

I mean, we just paid 10 grand for prof navigation, and now they are also charging 400 extra for the DVD??

But there is no way back now as it is ordered, signed by both parts. Screw these little numbers, 400 +/- from 300.000 is nothing. :rolleyes:

Can't be bothered to fight over this when we are getting 1 out of 10 cars total, which are coming to Denmark.

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
MortenDK said:
I mean, we just paid 10 grand for prof navigation, and now they are also charging 400 extra for the DVD??
That brings a whole new meaning to the term "batteries not included" :hihi:

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Are you sure floor mats aren't included?- in the UK brochure it lists mats as included (velour mats). However, my dealer also tried to put a charge for this on too until I pointed it out to him.
But I know what you mean, it is almost not worth the hastle to argue about it.
P
MortenDK said:
A bit the same here in Denmark

Floor mats - not standard
DVD for Navsat - not standard

But there is no way back now as it is ordered, signed by both parts. Screw these little numbers, 400 +/- from 300.000 is nothing. :rolleyes:

Can't be bothered to fight over this when we are getting 1 out of 10 cars total, which are coming to Denmark.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
We checked it twice, they are not including.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts