BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Empire State Ferrari Club hosted a very nice 2-day driving school at Lime Rock over the weekend. Lots of track time. I had the good fortune to have this beauty park next to mine:

More pictures are posted here -- http://benhsiao.smugmug.com/gallery/690682 courtesy of Ben who drove an MCoupe (neat cars) and posted on another board.

The M5 did very well, though I'm still getting a lot of tire roll and can only imagine how much faster this car could go if it would only use the whole tire. After taking two instructors out and trying different things, I think the tire roll is attributable mainly to a particular trail-braking turn (Big Bend) and the too-soft-for-track-work Dinan suspension. I'm still working on a permanent solution. ;)

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Wow.. looked like quite the event! Had a bunch of my favorite cars out there.. including the DB9! Thanks for the pics!

·
Registered
5,078 Posts
Wish I had known I would have gone, I'm only 50 miles away from Lime Rock. Oh well looks like I'll be going to the next event. Thanks for the link.:wroom:

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Gustav said:
Very nice, thanks. The F430 is really something special!
Not as special as the E60 M5 from what I've read! :hihi:

Thanks for sharing - great pics! :cool:

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
In my mind the Ferrari 430 is "the car" right now. However, I can't get passed the attitude associated with these cars. Dealers are marking these cars up 75-100K right now! Perhaps this is enough reason to look at the Aston DB9, which is the most beautiful car on the road, IMO.

Travis

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
Thanks for the link, there sure were some wonderful cars at that event. I would like to own an F car at some point in my life, but I dont think it could be a new one.
:cheers:

·
Registered
260 Posts
Some dealers are even forcing you to buy the Ferrari 575m Marranello just to get on the WAITING LIST for the Ferrari F430! Talk about being greedy!! :viking:

·
Registered
7,578 Posts
EdP said:
The M5 did very well, though I'm still getting a lot of tire roll and can only imagine how much faster this car could go if it would only use the whole tire. After taking two instructors out and trying different things, I think the tire roll is attributable mainly to a particular trail-braking turn (Big Bend) and the too-soft-for-track-work Dinan suspension. I'm still working on a permanent solution. ;)
Ed,

I assume you have the Dinan camber plates with the stgIII kit. Do you know how much negative camber you have from your alignment? I am getting ready to install the Dinan springs/Konis, and I'm going to use Ground Control camber plates they now have for stock spring sizes. GC says I should be able to get 2.5 degrees negative camber, and I hope they are right. I chose the Dinan springs/Konis since I really don't want to give up the stock ride compliance (i.e. give up as little as possible). I'm also installing the Dinan rear bar.

Chuck

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
CSBM5 said:
Ed,
I assume you have the Dinan camber plates with the stgIII kit. Do you know how much negative camber you have from your alignment? I am getting ready to install the Dinan springs/Konis, and I'm going to use Ground Control camber plates they now have for stock spring sizes. GC says I should be able to get 2.5 degrees negative camber, and I hope they are right. I chose the Dinan springs/Konis since I really don't want to give up the stock ride compliance (i.e. give up as little as possible). I'm also installing the Dinan rear bar.
Chuck
I'm at -1.5 with the Dinan camber plates. Let us know how you do with the GC plates. I have six track days on my Dunlop 265/35/18 SSRs, and they need to be flipped and remounted because the outside shoulders are nearly done.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts