BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just started having an issues where my DCT over revs when in M mode and down shifting from 4 to 3 and 3 to 2. Doesn’t seem to do it in non-M mode and it only does it if I am over 2800rpm or so. I scanned around the forums but nothing popped up easily. Ideas folks? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So a couple hundred views and nothing yet. I figured out that it actually tied to the s4 and s5 settings for the tranny. It doesn’t do it in other settings.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was going to record it, but driving in to work it crapped out and went into limp mode. At the dealer now.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Throttle valve actuator - bank 2. Now we know....Assurant policy paid for everything except the higher price of parts here because of the shipping and taxation in HI.

·
Registered
915 Posts
Just started having an issues where my DCT over revs when in M mode and down shifting from 4 to 3 and 3 to 2. Doesn’t seem to do it in non-M mode and it only does it if I am over 2800rpm or so. I scanned around the forums but nothing popped up easily. Ideas folks? Thanks in advance!
How many miles/ km in car if you do not mind.

Thank you

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am at 47,100 miles sadly. I did run fairly hard during my Germany days up until around 36,000.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts