BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey there, I am looking to start an informal track club based around this thread. What I am looking for is to gather together people that have the same interest as me: taking our cars to the limit!

If you are planning on doing anything related to racing within a few hours of DC, Virginia, Maryland; such as Autocrossing, Dragracing, Tracking, etc... please post here for everyone to see and join in if possible. Racing is more fun with friends!

Ted

·
Registered
136 Posts
:cheers:
I would be interested. Any other takers??

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cool! I am glad you found this thread. Did you go to the annual M5 BBQ this summer at Mr. Bock's house? I think we may have met!

I am currently only a BMW CCA member but want to join the SCCA as well to get into more activities. Will keep everybody posted.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
I live in the N VA area And I would like to join if possible.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
I live in the N VA area And I would like to join if possible.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
I would like to join I live in N VA.....

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
I would like to join I live in N VA.....

·
Registered
136 Posts
Sorry for the delayed response. Yes I was at BBQ this summer. You guys should come out ot our NCC events. THere is one tonight in Tyson's Corner @ Coastal Flats. I believe it starts at 7:00 p.m.

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the reminder, I haven't checked NCC in a while. I will try to make it to Tyson's tonight. I will be looking for a sharp imola red M5 ;)

Also, I hear there is a drag racing event open to all going on this Sunday at MIR in Waldorf. I will update when I get more info on this.

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I house my Beast in Arlington and would be very interested in joining.
Welcome! It will be a somewhat quiet winter but there will still be a few events here and there and I will post any gatherings of interest because we're all car guys here! :cheers:

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
This idea getting any track-tion?

(Sorry, couldn't resist!)

Haha :D Just wait until March, racing season is going into full effect!

I did hear Hot Import Nights was doing a little show on December 10th in Chantilly, VA and am waiting on word from my contact on the exact address and time.

Ted

·
Registered
8,816 Posts
Looking forward to it. I have not yet tracked my M5, but intend to do so in the Spring. Trying to get it ready in the meantime. Sorry to see that you are parting with your Beast! Bad time to do it (economically).

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yes it is. I have decided it is time for me to get a convertible and I have narrowed down the list to the following 3 cars that are in my opinion good-looking, decently reliable, and track-ready:

1) C6 Chevy Corvette
2) 03-04 Mustang Cobra
3) 06+ Nissan 350/370Z

I will pay down my car for 6 more months and then most likely trade it in for one of these just in time for convertible season!

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Haha :D Just wait until March, racing season is going into full effect!

I did hear Hot Import Nights was doing a little show on December 10th in Chantilly, VA and am waiting on word from my contact on the exact address and time.

Ted

So it is called the "Follow the Z" tour for those of you who have any interest in the new 370Z. It will be at the Nissan of Chantilly on Dec 10th between 2-6 pm. Here is a link to the official site:
Follow The Nissan Z Tour

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
This might be worth going to as well: Second annual VAD Spring meet - VAdriven.com Forums but I have to admit that when everybody that is subscribed talks like a 16 year old crack-head it's somewhat of a turn-off. I guess it depends on how bored one really is and what everybody's schedule looks like...

·
Registered
136 Posts
Hey guys sorry I've been out of touch. I just got a new job and its kept me busy.

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
It's all good in the M5 hood ;) Mind sharing what kind of cool new job you got?

P.S. I can't wait till Spring!

1 - 20 of 70 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.