BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Nice! :)
Good to see that some people are putting some effort into it, instead of just showing up with their standard car and stickering it on the starting line!

Just one thing though: there seems to be also a 'proper' rally car, with foglights and rollcage etc... Are DC sponsoring a team in the states? And I can see Ken Block's name on the side.. is he co-piloting this car in local US races?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Also is the owner of the 'Polizia' Gallardo here?

To me that's the best idea for this year. Some guy is sticker-wrapping his Gallardo with the blue and white livery of the famous italian police Gallardos...

Expect some confusion on the road to Rome!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
le car said:

To me that's the best idea for this year. Some guy is sticker-wrapping his Gallardo with the blue and white livery of the famous italian police Gallardos...

Hahaha ... that would be awesome if that goes down. As w/ Ken Block, I think he's gonna use one of the cars in the states. DC Rally Team may be in efect ... not sure though. I do know is that he's building a rally course on one of his large acre properties.

·
Registered
46 Posts
X5GEE said:
As w/ Ken Block, I think he's gonna use one of the cars in the states. DC Rally Team may be in efect ... not sure though. I do know is that he's building a rally course on one of his large acre properties.
D4mn
if you'd have told me 15 years ago that one day all the pro FREESTYLE skateboarders would be millionaires soon, and own properties big enough to build rally tracks on them... Maybe I'd have practiced my ho-ho plants to fingerflips a bit more :D

·
Registered
158 Posts
le car said:

That car is real and is owned by the Italian Police!! Lamborgini donated it to them!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Mussy said:
That car is real and is owned by the Italian Police!! Lamborgini donated it to them!
mmmm... not sure of that..
I know the people who are doing the stickering of the car, so it seems clear that this is a fake. It's funnier that way.

·
Registered
158 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yourk said:
Didnt know you post here as well. Being this is a Gumball3000 forum, let me ask you. Would you ever do it again?
Of coarse. If I can do it every year I would. This year just didn't work out. Next year for sure :biggrin:

·
Registered
17 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
J2 said:
The car is real but Max and Nick both emailed all the owners of Gallardos on this years rally and asked if they would have their cars wrapped for the event. Lambo paint is never great so I declined, if someones gone for it then they deserve a few beers!
You know that stickering a car actually PROTECTS the paint from minor scratches, and it doesn't leave any marks once removed.

Anyway I have confirmation that one Gallardo at least is doing it, getting wrapped at a www.vanwraps.co.uk the week before the Gumball.
They're replacing the word Polizia by Gumball.

·
Registered
17 Posts
le car said:
You know that stickering a car actually PROTECTS the paint from minor scratches, and it doesn't leave any marks once removed.
Depends on the stickers. Last years sticker left a mark on my rear bumber which ive been unable to remove (Merc not a Lambo). I agree that some well positioned stickers will help, particularly on the nose, but i wouldnt want to cover the entire car.

·
Registered
46 Posts
J2 said:
Depends on the stickers. Last years sticker left a mark on my rear bumber which ive been unable to remove (Merc not a Lambo). I agree that some well positioned stickers will help, particularly on the nose, but i wouldnt want to cover the entire car.
I know - last year's stickers were very hard to remove. Some left marks on the Mitsubishi EVO I was driving.

BUT wrapping is completely different, it's made for car surfaces, so it doesn't damage them at all..

1 - 20 of 31 Posts